One disaster and a close shave - Thailand's health and safety record

kwilco

I know when we did an island tour(emerald cave trip) all the passengers were required to wear life jackets at all times when the boat was under way but many simply refused to do so, not much the crew can do when they do when faced with it as they are usually females and being hard on people isnt what they do as it would give them a bad name, customer is always right except when they drown because they refused to put a vest on

31 minutes ago, seajae said:

I know when we did an island tour(emerald cave trip) all the passengers were required to wear life jackets at all times when the boat was under way but many simply refused to do so, not much the crew can do when they do when faced with it as they are usually females and being hard on people isnt what they do as it would give them a bad name, customer is always right except when they drown because they refused to put a vest on

So would that happen say with a similar tour in america or Germany? 

On 7/18/2018 at 8:51 AM, Lacessit said:

You are missing my point entirely. You can have excellent roads, vehicles with all the bells and whistles of ABS, EBD, ESC, airbags etc. None of those will protect an individual who chooses to drink too much alcohol, and drive through a red light at 90 km/hr.

Perhaps if you did some reading of Du Pont's safety history, you would be able to see where I am coming from.

Yes, they will. You don't understand the most basic concepts of health and safety - that's because they are actually working on YOU and you don't know it.

Instead you appear to think it is down to some kind of inate superiority that only you possess.

Edited by kwilco

56 minutes ago, seajae said:

The captain just stops the boat.