adding your home to Grab map

Mekong Bob

12 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

This doesn’t directly answer your question but I find it easier to request Grab cars from within Google maps as the map is far easy to use there

Can you explain the steps used to do this? Thanks.

I use Grab often.

It frequently refuses to recognize my Home Starting point, moving my location by several hundred meters.

I have no Idea why.

I now start by identifying my trip on Google maps and find sometimes this does transfere to Grab.

john

I read somewhere that Grab uses the maps provided by Google and so in theory if you go to Google Maps (on a PC) and right-click on the position where your house is and use the 'Add a missing place' command, give it meaningful unique name after it has been approved (normally a few hours) it will appear and be searchable thereafter.   The next question is how often does Grab update its maps from the Google master because I added my housing project months ago and it still has not appeared on Grab yet. Grrrr

8 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Can you explain the steps used to do this? Thanks.

I use google maps on my iPhone so the following steps may be different for you if you are using an android phone or a computer

I will assume that you have added a ‘Home’ location to google maps - if not let me know and I’ll add some instructions for that

When you’re looking to get a Grab car to return home

1) Open google maps

2) Search for ‘Home’

3) Click on ‘Directions’

4) On my iPhone I then have 4 icons to choose from: a car, a train (for public transport), a walking man, and a man with a suitcase hailing a cab. Click on the guy with the suitcase and it will give you options for Grab

hope this helps

18 minutes ago, narkeddiver said:

I use google maps on my iPhone so the following steps may be different for you if you are using an android phone or a computer

I will assume that you have added a ‘Home’ location to google maps - if not let me know and I’ll add some instructions for that

When you’re looking to get a Grab car to return home

1) Open google maps

2) Search for ‘Home’

3) Click on ‘Directions’

4) On my iPhone I then have 4 icons to choose from: a car, a train (for public transport), a walking man, and a man with a suitcase hailing a cab. Click on the guy with the suitcase and it will give you options for Grab

hope this helps

Helps a lot! Thanks!

Must admit I much prefer Uber (RIP) to Grab

Uber was more reasonably priced and reliable

With Uber you could schedule a pick-up at a certain time and the dozen or so times I used this they turned up on time

With Grab I’ve tried to use it once and then I got a phone call from Grab an hour later cancelling the pick-up because it was “inconvenient” for the driver who had accepted it

Uber now deceased in Thailand, taken over by Grab.

Last night my trip downtown was basically correct apart from, 2 mins going to 3 mins to 7 mins before decreasing and arrival.

Return I was stood out side my start point saw Grab car coming on my iPhone. He then went pass, vanished from phone and called asking where I was.

I informed him and he said he was doing a 180 and returned to me say 5 mins later.

john

Archived