MFA income statement stamp

This is going to be of use to only a few.

Petchaburi Immigration, along with a few other offices requires Canadians to have the monthly/annual income statement they receive the Canadian Embassy for Non-O annual visa extension stamped by the MFA in Chang Wattana.

Curiously, this only applies to an extension based on marriage and not on retirement.

It is, essentially, the same letter but with different income requirements and I was originally told it was because someone was faking the letter and they had to verify the Embassy signature. But I stopped trying to apply logic.

Anyway, I found out at Chang Wattana last year that I could mail in the letter to be stamped rather than make the trip there. I did that this year and it went very well.

I sent the appropriate paperwork (signed copies of the passport photo, visa pages and TM6, visa extension application filled out, letter from the Embassy and a copy, an application for legalization and a money order for 460 baht for processing and return mail) on Thursday afternoon I had the stamped letter delivered to my home by Tuesday.

Much easier than going into Bangkok.

I hope this is of help to someone.

Edited by Psychic
Spelling

As far as I know at the few offices that require it want it done for both extensions based upon marriage or retirement.

I can certainly be easier to do it by mail unless you live near the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

Started to post some links with info for doing it but their website is apparently down.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know at the few offices that require it want it done for both extensions based upon marriage or retirement.

I can certainly be easier to do it by mail unless you live near the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

Started to post some links with info for doing it but their website is apparently down.

I asked at Petchaburi because a friend got an income letter for retirement from the Canadian Embassy and didn't require a stamp.

This was 2 months ago, so I thought perhaps it had changed.

When I asked.."only for marriage".

It may differ in other provinces.

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

FYI - Details of how to apply by post for MFA authentication of signature on Embassy income letter are as follows:

http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/1303/24762-Procedure-of-Document-Authentication-by-Mail.html

Strange they show it twice on the site, http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/72113-บริการรับรองเอกสารทางไปรษณีย์---Mailing-Service.html

Application form. Application for legalization.pdf