US boss gives car to 20-mile walk worker

webfact

Alabama employee gets new car from boss after 20-mile walk

A US company owner gave an employee a new car after he went the extra mile - 20 miles (32km) in fact, walking all night to make his first day at work.

After his own car broke down, Walter Carr made the long commute by foot through the suburbs of Birmingham, Alabama, to his new job in removals.

A police officer spoke to Mr Carr en route and, impressed by his grit, took him to get some breakfast.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44854370

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-07-18

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Awesome, hard to find people with this type dedication now days. Nice to hear a good guy made out, usually you just hear about s**t people getting their way through arrogance and intimidation. And also good to hear about a company owner that values this kind of dedication.

;s..t people getting their way through arrogance and intimidation". Are you reffering to the  likes of  Elon Musk??????

On 7/16/2018 at 9:35 PM, stevenl said:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lockyv7 said:

wonder how all the other workers who work there felt about the new guy getting a new car on his first day. 

I wonder if the other workers there were willing to walk 32 km to work on their first day. Personally if I was one of them I'd feel respect for the guy, because I admit, I probably wouldn't do it.