Average annual mileage in BKK ?

MikeN

I've started looking for a late model second hand pickup lately, and I've noticed that the ones I've been interested in have widely varying mileages on the clock. With the old mechanical odometers I might suspect some of them have had the clock wound back, but I don't think that is possible with digital speedos ? Anyway, I was wondering what would be an average annual mileage for a Bangkok registered vehicle ? Driving to and from work in the city, and maybe a trip upcountry for New Year and Songkran ? Back in Australia I did 25000-30000kms/year but that was more than average due to living out in the sticks, 15-20K would probably be an average for a city vehicle.

Are you aware that many cars have Bangkok plates but are located and driven in other provinces. Must be millions. No way that the 9 million cars registered in Bangkok (metro area) are all city vehicles. That would be the final end of any movement.

You could only be sure if you know the previous owner and his habits.

I know hat "experts" in European countries can set the digital odometer to any mileage desired.

Edited by KhunBENQ