Cost Laying Concrete

burgerking

Thinking about concreting the back and down one side of my house. What is the average price per square meter for someone to come and do this? 

Looking for an all in price with not to many addons. Is there anything i should be aware of before i go ahead with it... the pros and cons of doing this.

Cheers

I can't give you an all in contractors price with labor: but, here's an estimation on materials cost.

3x3 meters @ 10 cm thick will require just under 1 cubic meter. A cubic meter of #280 (stronger mix) will cost 1800 Baht & you can add a few hundred Baht more for rebar or mesh reinforcement in that area. 10cm is plenty thick for foot traffic.

If you're in a nasty clay bed there you may want a little more removed & some clean fill compacted for a base under your pour (will add $ to estimate). You should also give attention to heights & slopes (where's the water going to drain). Ultimately a light 1/4 bubble on your level away from the house is a good slope.

As for the finish of the concrete, you may want to ask any contractors giving you estimates to see 1 or 2 of their prior jobs. Probably the best way to see what your walks will look like (if your concerned).

Good luck!

you are looking at 300-400bt/m2 for a small pissing about job all in.

incidently 280 steng connie is high strength grade used in multi storey columns and the like. 240 or even reluctantly 180 for general slabs of 100 thick.

I will be very surprised if anyone can collaborate 1800bt/m3 anywhere for even the weak mix grade now. for small load deliveries of under 3m3 the cheapest 240 grade in CM is 2040bt/m3

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

you are looking at 300-400bt/m2 for a small pissing about job all in.

incidently 280 steng connie is high strength grade used in multi storey columns and the like. 240 or even reluctantly 180 for general slabs of 100 thick.

I will be very surprised if anyone can collaborate 1800bt/m3 anywhere for even the weak mix grade now. for small load deliveries of under 3m3 the cheapest 240 grade in CM is 2040bt/m3

300-400bt/m2 all in?  PM me your contractors contact info cause I have loads of work for him.

#280 mix really isn’t that strong, similar to 4,000 psi mix on the other side of the planet & very common for all flat work. It does have just enough cement in the mix for hand finishing with trowels. Anything less is like putting a finish on sand & gravel IMHO. But if you’re adding a bunch of water to it, rodding it off & calling it a job, any ol mix will work.

Each step you take down the ladder of strength will save you a wooping 50bt/m3. My last 4 pours were with #280 @ 1,800 Baht. I can “collaborate” it with receipts. 2 cubes or more delivered free, some companies require min of 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a quote for 300bt/m2 to mesh, sand and 100mm concrete which I considered much too exprnsive.

The decider was tgat I didnt want cheap weldmesh and went and made my own from 6mm. Big difference in the steelcost but with an hours assisted help I did it myself for 250bt/m2.

The price for concrete is i agree very similar between all grades and the pricing comes down to whether some companies have the smaller 3m3 wagons.

5m3 is needed at the 1800bt rate, and then a sliding price scale of 1-1.75, 2-2.75, 3-4 

My 2.5m3 cost about 500bt for delivery in reality.

@eyecatcher Sorry for poking at your all in price. Truth is I have no idea what contractors charge here.

I do everything myself for fear of what I'd be left with in locals hands. I've seen the horror. To me, nice cement work & landscaping really lights up a house. Crap work can take a really nice house down. Concrete's cheap here but I pay huge through my back!

My last pour couple weeks ago. Still trying to perfect exposed aggregate (sandwash).

Patio4.jpg

• Like 2

Its good to get quotes if only to update the current trend in bad workmanship.

I also never have any intention of using others when I can also balls it up and save a lot of money doing so.

As someone said earlier its the diy forum so thats what we do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...