Advice on multiple OA via

Hi all,

Could I get some advice regarding the attached problem. Sorry if is rather long winded..

I arrived in Thailand July 20 17 with 12mth multiple OA visa. I understood that it was possible to get longer than the 12 mths if I left And returned to Thailand before the visa expires..which I did on a couple of occasions,last trip was May this year

On my return I got a stamp that stated,, can remain until May 2019 great I thought I didn’t need to apply for my retirement extension till early next year

My original OA expired on 28 June

Last Thursday gf and I went to Manila for 3 days,when we got back to Bk last night the told me I am only permitted to stay for 30 days!!!!!

I guess I stuffed up as I thought I had a can stay until 20 May 2019 stamp in pp.

Guys I am here for the long haul, expecting to retire

Have bought property (legally) vehicles etc

Have my 800grnd in bank

For any advice I would be most grateful

Was the young immigration guy wrong or have I cocked up

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your visa was expired. You should have gotten a reentry permit before leaving. You were here on a permission to stay stamp.

The reentry permit would have kept your permission to stay stamp active until next May 2019.

You have to start all  over again.

As said you should of gotten a re-entry permit to keep your last one year entry valid before making your trip.

You will have to start all over again by applying for a non-o visa and then apply for a extension of stay.

Info for applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80 You will need at least 15 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it to apply.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you could apply for a one year extension of stay.

As said you should of gotten a re-entry permit to keep your last one year entry valid before making your trip.
You will have to start all over again by applying for a non-o visa and then apply for a extension of stay.
Info for applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80 You will need at least 15 days remaining on your 30 day entry or the 30 day extension of it to apply.
Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you could apply for a one year extension of stay.

Thanks guys for the advice
Joe I will front at immigration tomorrow and begin with the 90 day
Then go straight into the retirement extension if I can
Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, Rossco52 said:

Then go straight into the retirement extension if I can

Strongly suspect that you will be told to return within 30 days of the non-O conversion expiry date for this purpose.