Which bus Mo Chit BTS to immigration bureau?

AlphaCanadian

I swear when I went to the Bangkok immigration bureau 2 months ago for a 30 day extension that I took one bus from Mo Chit bts. It let me out right in front of the building.

I just looked on Google maps and it is saying that I need to either transfer or take one bus that lets me out nowhere near there.

Anyone know which bus it is that goes from Mo Chit BTS to Bangkok immigration bureau?

I've never used Uber, I guess I could try to use Uber. It's just that I took the bus there before and I know it will get me there.

The taxi drivers gave me blank stares when I showed them the address in Thai. Hopefully the Uber drivers will know.

Thanks in advance.

The 52 doesn't seem to drive into the Govt Complex? I was planning to take the #66 (https://www.transitbangkok.com/lines/bangkok-bus-line/66) but this doesn't go from BTS, but from MRT Tao Poon station. I haven't tried it yet tho.

Edited by WorriedNoodle

You can get the 166 from Victory monument which will drop you right outside the IO. 

The 52 ? van will drop you outside the complex and there is a free bus that will drive you to the front of the IO or take a Motorcycle taxi for 10 baht. 

It's all pretty easy. And if you are lucky you will get the free 166 and save 18baht. The Mo Chit van is 25 baht. Its all big money. 

Actually the van might be number 55. If you come down the stairs from the BTS on the park side and turn right you will walk to the last van queue, it's the only one that will have a sign on the pavement. Once you get passed the shouty woman you'll be in the right place. 

I don't believe any of the buses go into the complex from Mo Chit. 

Edited by berybert
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlphaCanadian said:

The taxi drivers gave me blank stares when I showed them the address in Thai.

once you exit mochit on the park side and make the u turn at the bottom of the stairs, you are walking the same direction as the traffic flow.  if you keep walking, you'll eventually come upon taxis parked at the curbside (you'll see them in the distance as you start walking assuming a bus isn't blocking your view).  these guys all know immigration and the fare is 200thb, essentially the 'mochit to chaeng wattana taxi mafia'.  they work there every day so not the same as getting a moving taxi that might not know much about the immigration office. 

they typically take a left turn before the chaeng wattana main road such that they approach chaeng wattana rd on a street parallel to the highway.  this can help avoid the traffic bottleneck making the left at chaeng wattana road.  then they take a left very soon after getting on CW road and that road brings you to the back entrance of the govt complex where the immigration office is located.  this back route helps avoid traffic on CW rd.

There is a minibus stop near the bus stop for the Don Muang airport shuttle (A2 IIRC).

It is located 20-30 meters north (towards DMK) from the shuttle bus top.

Just go there and ask for the immigration minibus, there usually is some kind of a traffic manager, who speaks basic English. They will show you the right minibus. It costs around 30 THB and will drop you on the junction leading to the immigration complex, you then need to grab a motorbike (20 THB).

But a taxi from Mo Chit is definitely a better idea. Lot's of them there and a one way trip will be less than 200 THB (I usually pay around 170).

Taxi on the meter from Mochit to Chaengwatthana Building B is about 105-110 baht on the meter. So 120 baht covers it.

Taxi is to be picked up from the road ( not any parked "mafia").

There is no confusion in regards to the location if you tell them Chaengwatthana Soi 7( jet ). It's good to tell them where to turn left into the Complex though once on CW Road. Never had a problem and almost all the time the first taxi I stop says ok.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AlphaCanadian said:

he taxi drivers gave me blank stares when I showed them the address in Thai.

I have gone there by Taxi maybe 20 times (from Saphankwai) the past 8 years, I Usually say "Chaeng Wattana Immigration" If the driver look like a ? I say "Stamp Passport" and then they get it.  I have always got to the right place...

About 100-150 baht by meter. Return usually more expensive due to traffic and have to take a detour.

12 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

The 52 doesn't seem to drive into the Govt Complex?

Around the Complex they have free shuttle busses, I never tried them tho, because I always have been taking taxi. But Ive seen them many times.

20 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

Around the Complex they have free shuttle busses

Ok thanks. I will try #66 bus then (as mentioned by another poster on here) from the MRT stop as #66 supposedly goes right to the door of immigration. Apparently they run every 15 minutes.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:22 PM, buick said:

once you exit mochit on the park side and make the u turn at the bottom of the stairs, you are walking the same direction as the traffic flow.  if you keep walking, you'll eventually come upon taxis parked at the curbside (you'll see them in the distance as you start walking assuming a bus isn't blocking your view).  these guys all know immigration and the fare is 200thb, essentially the 'mochit to chaeng wattana taxi mafia'.  they work there every day so not the same as getting a moving taxi that might not know much about the immigration office. 

they typically take a left turn before the chaeng wattana main road such that they approach chaeng wattana rd on a street parallel to the highway.  this can help avoid the traffic bottleneck making the left at chaeng wattana road.  then they take a left very soon after getting on CW road and that road brings you to the back entrance of the govt complex where the immigration office is located.  this back route helps avoid traffic on CW rd.

In 5 years of yearly re-newals and 90 day reports, I have never had a taxi from the road divider line fail to turn on the meter...usually 100 to 120 baht.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:49 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

The 52 doesn't seem to drive into the Govt Complex? I was planning to take the #66 (https://www.transitbangkok.com/lines/bangkok-bus-line/66) but this doesn't go from BTS, but from MRT Tao Poon station. I haven't tried it yet tho.

As long as the bus drops you at the entrance their are plenty of motorbike taxis to get you to immigration for 10 baht

12 hours ago, dddave said:

In 5 years of yearly re-newals and 90 day reports, I have never had a taxi from the road divider line fail to turn on the meter...usually 100 to 120 baht.

the taxis at the road divider always use the meter.  it is the taxi mafia guys further up the road parked against the curb that do not.  if a person does not know how to direct a taxi driver to CW (such as the OP), they can use the taxi mafia guys as they understand basic english and know how to get there.  not all taxis at the divider know how to get to CW, i've had to direct several drivers.  when i don't see any taxis by the road divider, i use the taxi mafia guys to go to CW and also DMK.

Edited by buick

6 hours ago, buick said:

if a person does not know how to direct a taxi driver to CW (such as the OP), they can use the taxi mafia guys as they understand basic english and know how to get there.

Good point.

"Tor Mor (like, tore more) Chang Wattana" always seems to convey exactly where I want to go, they usually know to go directly to Building "B"

On 7/24/2018 at 10:02 AM, berybert said:

You can get the 166 from Victory monument which will drop you right outside the IO. 

The 52 ? van will drop you outside the complex and there is a free bus that will drive you to the front of the IO or take a Motorcycle taxi for 10 baht. 

It's all pretty easy. And if you are lucky you will get the free 166 and save 18baht. The Mo Chit van is 25 baht. Its all big money. 

Actually the van might be number 55. If you come down the stairs from the BTS on the park side and turn right you will walk to the last van queue, it's the only one that will have a sign on the pavement. Once you get passed the shouty woman you'll be in the right place. 

I don't believe any of the buses go into the complex from Mo Chit. 

That's correct. The 52 line from Mochit stops on the main CW Road in front of the CAT or TOT headquarters building there, just before you reach Soi 7, where the Immigration Complex is located, 500+ meters up into Soi 7. There's usually an old BMTA bus running as a free shuttle between the main road and the Government Complex building that you can catch at the corner of CW Road and CW Soi 7.

The 166 bus, an express bus that mostly takes the expressway and I think originates at Victory Monument, sometimes goes all the way into the doorstep of the Immigration/Govt Complex Building. But as best as I recall, you have to be careful, because some of the 166s may also follow a different route that ends up at Muang Thong Thani.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

as best as I recall, you have to be careful, because some of the 166s may also follow a different route that ends up at Muang Thong Thani.

When I was taking buses to CW several years ago, a number of times both the #166 & #52 took the elevated stretch of highway past CW and I would find myself having to backtrack.  I never did figure out how to differentiate between which buses stayed on the surface and which took the flyway. I started using the vans instead.  Just asked the every van driver at Mo Chit BTS, "Bie Tor Mor mai?"

7 minutes ago, dddave said:

When I was taking buses to CW several years ago, a number of times both the #166 & #52 took the elevated stretch of highway past CW and I would find myself having to backtrack.  I never did figure out how to differentiate between which buses stayed on the surface and which took the flyway. I started using the vans instead.  Just asked the every van driver at Mo Chit BTS, "Bie Tor Mor mai?"

I've taken the 52 line many times from Mochit to CW, and never once had one take the expressway or bypass the Immigration stop on main CW Road. And I've taken the 52 back to Mochit a few times, and always on surface streets.

I've also taken the 166 route many times from CW Govt Complex back to Victory Monument, and never had the 166 take surface street back, only the expressway. Maybe I've just been lucky.

If the outbound 166 from Victory Monument does stop at Mochit enroute to CW, I've never been able to spot it there for pickup at Mochit. I've always understood that outbound, I needed to catch it at Victory Monument.

But BMTA buses certainly can be confusing -- sometimes, the same line and number will follow different routes, stop short of it's end point, take surface streets vs expressways, have outbound routes that differ from inbound routes, etc etc...  It's bewildering for a non-Thai reader.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK