Wife killed as husband’s runaway truck hits Bangkok estate’s entrance

webfact

Wife killed as husband’s runaway truck hits Bangkok estate’s entrance

By The Nation

jjac99akbe6ce98j7b8bj.jpg

Picture: Komchadluek

A passenger wife was killed when her husband’s parked truck ran away while he was asking directions and crashed into the arched entrance of a Bangkok housing estate early on Tuesday.

Pol Captain Phattarapop Chaichana, deputy inspector of Udom Suk police station, said the accident happened at 2am near the eastern ring road in Bangkok’s Prawet district.

He said Phannipha Thanonyai, 23, was killed when the arched entrance of The Grand Bang Na housing estate collapsed onto the front of the truck.

Her husband, Pitipat Akkhara, 22, told police that he was delivering bricks from Saraburi to The Grand Lux housing estate, which was 200 metres away from the scene.

He said he came to the wrong housing estate because their names were similar, and so he parked his truck on the bridge and got out to ask for directions to The Grand Lux from a security officer. His truck ran away down the bridge slope and hit the housing estate entrance.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350691

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-24
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pol Captain Phattarapop Chaichana, deputy inspector of Udom Suk police station, said the accident happened at 2am near the eastern ring road in Bangkok’s Prawet district.

{snipped}

Her husband, Pitipat Akkhara, 22, told police that he was delivering bricks from Saraburi to The Grand Lux housing estate, which was 200 metres away from the scene.

Delivering bricks - at 2am?

Obviously dark bricks, not 'light' ones.

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Delivering bricks - at 2am?

Many deliver night time when there is not so much traffic, and they also do that not to disturb people living in the area.

Same with deliveries to 7-11. always night time.

Edited by Eaglekott

11 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Many deliver night time when there is not so much traffic, and they also do that not to disturb people living in the area.

Same with deliveries to 7-11. always night time.

I can understand the 7 Eleven deliveries (although when I go there for bread, sometimes have to wait for it to be delivered at about 2-3pm)

What I thought strange was someone delivering bricks to an existing housing estate.

Surely off-loading bricks wouldn't necessarily be quiet - whether dumping them in a pile or using a Hiab hoist. I'd assume there would have been complaints about the noise in the middle of the night, that was my point.

Edited by bluesofa

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

What I thought strange was someone delivering bricks to an existing housing estate.

Surely off-loading bricks wouldn't necessarily be quiet - whether dumping them in a pile or using a Hiab hoist. I'd assume there would have been complaints about the noise in the middle of the night, that was my point.

To me that not strange, if deliver night time their parked truck will not block one lane of the the traffic, also the roads inside is many time so narrow that they are like a one way street. 

Unloading bricks do not have to be noisy at all, they might even be packed in boxes depending of type of bricks it is. Maybe 24 boxes of bricks to build a bar.

I feel sorry for the wife who probably was sleeping in the truck. And I fel sorry for the delivery guy, he has to live with this. Even tho it was an accident.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cookieqw said:

Leaving the driving seat.  ——  engine off

Stopping on a slope. ——  handbrake on in gear

Leaving the driving seat.  ——  engine off

Stopping on a slope.  Always ——  handbrake on in gear