Police launches manhunt for suspect for serial cat shooting in Nonthaburi

webfact

Police launches manhunt for suspect for serial cat shooting

By The Nation

561000007693102.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Police are hunting for an attacker who has shot three cats with arrows in a Nonthaburi village.

An investigation was launched after representatives of Watchdog Thailand and The Hope Thailand, two major animal rights organisations, accompanied the owner of the targeted cats to file a complaint at the Sai Noi police station.

Thawil Ngenpoolsup, 71, said she takes care of some 10 stray cats at her house in Moo 1 village in Tambon Klong Kwang of Nonthaburi's Sai Noi district.

Attacks over the past few days have left three of her cats speared with arrows that are normally used for hunting fish.

After she took the animals to a veterinarian for treatment, her plight was shared on Facebook, prompting the two organisations to file animal cruelty charges against the unknown attacker.

Pol Capt Phanphat Setbuppha, deputy inspector of the Sai Noi police station, said three witnesses have been interrogated and police have identified a suspect who would be summoned for questioning soon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350777

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-25
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Good for the shooter. Feral cats kill anything that moves, lizards, snakes, baby birds. I personally shoot every one I see and have seen a comeback of Tokays and house lizards.

Wrong approach, Bayer produce a rat poison which is more effective. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Good for the shooter. Feral cats kill anything that moves, lizards, snakes, baby birds. I personally shoot every one I see and have seen a comeback of Tokays and house lizards.

And rats and mice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thawil Ngenpoolsup, 71, said she takes care of some 10 stray cats at her house in Moo 1 village in Tambon Klong Kwang of Nonthaburi's Sai Noi district.

Attacks over the past few days have left three of her cats speared with arrows

Well, she should have kept them inside her house.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Feral???

Years ago, a university in Florida, USA, did a study involving pet house cats that were outdoors during most of the daylight hours of a day, some sleeping in the owners home overnight, but not always.    These owners fed their cats daily.  

The universities study lasted one year.  With permission from the cat's owner, university students would follow the cat during it's time outdoors.  The students noted where the cats went and what the cats ate and what the cats killed.  During the year, some of the cats died, the article did not state how.  If I remember, about half the cats survived to the end of the year long study.  

The people who thought they owned some of the cats, were surprised to find other people in their neighborhood, also thought they were the cats owners and those people were feeding the cats on a daily basis as well.  Three or four cats had three people that thought a cat was their cat.    

What the university study found about the cats hunting habits was surprising.   In the one year study, the cats killed an average of 1,800 animals.  Some of the kills were eaten, most were left to rot!

These were supposed to be house cats. 

As one person implied, feral cats kill a lot of wildlife in their roaming area.  Probably a lot more than house cats kill.