Where to find DDR4 RAM 64gb (16x4) kit in Thailand?

tacchan23

Thanks for the replies, I am looking for a 16x4gb kit only. It's kind of bad practice to put together single sticks not sold as a set (even exactly the same model).
So I guess my only option is to buy aboard. I didn't know Amazon already calculated import duties. That's quite nice.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:17 AM, KittenKong said:

Not sure I would care to buy expensive memory on Lazada (or even cheap memory for that matter).

The cheaper one from JIB was on Lazada as well but they only showed one in stock so I went to the next higher one.

15 hours ago, tacchan23 said:

Thanks for the replies, I am looking for a 16x4gb kit only. It's kind of bad practice to put together single sticks not sold as a set (even exactly the same model).
So I guess my only option is to buy aboard. I didn't know Amazon already calculated import duties. That's quite nice.

Buying a matched set with the same manufacturing lot numbers does not guarantee you won't get a bad stick, then what will you do? I think most major companies like GSkill and Kingston have excellent quality control and compatibility.  16x2 Ram kits are easier to find in Thailand so get 2 kits.  Before you buy, make sure what brands of Ram and speeds are recommended by the MB manufacturer. 

16 hours ago, tacchan23 said:

I don't recall seeing that recommendation before. Just that they were from the same brand and model.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall seeing that recommendation before. Just that they were from the same brand and model.

Worked in IT for years - no such requirement. Same type, speed, model is all you need.  Kingston very reliable - recommend (only RAM I buy).

MemoryToday.com (fortuneTown, Rama 9)

Advice.co.th probably your cheapest (and local) bet.  JIB and BananaIT might also be runners up. 

I concur with what others are saying.  Buying a 4 set to minimize compatibility issues may be a bit OCD/OTT.  2-pack or individual ram from the same brand should be more than sufficient. I often mix ram from different brands without any issues either. 

The advantange of taking your machine into a local JIB/advice/etc is that you can test it right there.  How much price saving can you put on piece of mind?  They also have live chat you can confer with ahead of going.  Advisible especially if they are 60+km away from the house.   

Edit:  Lazada is recommended only if you know exactly what type of ram you want and can use a coupon. 6-7% off anything can be really good.  The father's day coming up this weekend there should be some coupons where you save big. Also if you can add up lazada wallet rebates. 

There are some posts around the internet on this topic, for example: here

Maybe isn't really so common to have problems, but as the prices of RAM are so high at the moment I was hoping to at least make sure to not have any problems.

I will compare prices and models a bit more, but the Amazon option (64gb kit) doesn't seem too bad at the moment if I can't find anything significantly cheaper here in Thailand (single sticks).

Thanks to everyone again!

16 hours ago, tacchan23 said:

There are some posts around the internet on this topic, for example: here

Maybe isn't really so common to have problems, but as the prices of RAM are so high at the moment I was hoping to at least make sure to not have any problems.

I will compare prices and models a bit more, but the Amazon option (64gb kit) doesn't seem too bad at the moment if I can't find anything significantly cheaper here in Thailand (single sticks).

Thanks to everyone again!

I personally havent had problems, recently build a high end computer with water cooling and intel coffee lake processor, with an asus Maximus rog  x hero wifi, geforce 1080 and 2 gb M2 ssd . I only had 32 gb of memory not 64 like you but no problems. Just two kits of the same brand and type.

But I guess if you want to pay more and be absolutely sure its your money. I understand that on a high end rig you don't want to take chances and swapping out memory here if it does not work good could be a problem.

Archived