High Quality Watch Repair

krey

I have a watch given to me as a gift several years ago.  It is a mechanical watch that will work if you wind it up or just by movement will keep it going.

That part of the watch works great.

However the little date box is stuck, you pull out the button to change the date and turn the button and it does not move. 

I been living with it but it drives me crazy for some reason.  I would like to get it repaired by someone that won't destroy my watch trying

to fix it.  I have seen several little watch stalls in my travels but not sure if any are good or is there are better places to get it fixed in Chiang Mai

Any suggestions?

Yes, here: 

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.7946868,98.9969331,3a,36.2y,163.38h,87.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbRRcry-zLIWDiYRrM-IEgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!5m1!1e1 

Or if it's a luxury watch then there is a more high-end shop on Thapae Road.  What's the brand name?

I do have a bunch of mechanical watches but they're all shitters, so any shop will do. ?

5 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Yes, here: 

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.7946868,98.9969331,3a,36.2y,163.38h,87.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbRRcry-zLIWDiYRrM-IEgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!5m1!1e1 

Or if it's a luxury watch then there is a more high-end shop on Thapae Road.  What's the brand name?

I do have a bunch of mechanical watches but they're all shitters, so any shop will do. ?

Oris Modern Classic

oris.jpg

I have a Concord watch that stopped operating properly after installing a new battery purchased from a watch repair kiosk..I took it to the watch repair shop on the 1st floor of Central in the Festival Mall and after inspection it was determined that the battery had leaked acid into the time piece.  He disassembled and cleaned the damage and installed a new battery AND he warrants batteries and repairs.

No more will I buy a watch battery from any of those kiosk stands.

I do recommend you take your Oris to Central for an assessment and estimate to repair.

2 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

I have a Concord watch that stopped operating properly after installing a new battery purchased from a watch repair kiosk..I took it to the watch repair shop on the 1st floor of Central in the Festival Mall and after inspection it was determined that the battery had leaked acid into the time piece.  He disassembled and cleaned the damage and installed a new battery AND he warrants batteries and repairs.

No more will I buy a watch battery from any of those kiosk stands.

I do recommend you take your Oris to Central for an assessment and estimate to repair.

How much did you pay?

9 hours ago, krey said:

Oris Modern Classic

oris.jpg

As yours is an automatic I wouldn't go near shopping mall booths & shops (although they might just take it and send it elsewhere for repair).

So either the store I linked earlier, or the one on Thapae;  Oris is pretty nice. 

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.7882907,98.9990553,3a,75y,164.36h,91.21t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s7My0yJc17UJK5EYRj9hrmw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3D7My0yJc17UJK5EYRj9hrmw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D332.2329%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

4 hours ago, faraday said:

How much did you pay?

4500 total. And that later comment about don’t use shopping mall booths I agree.

But don’t confuse those with the professional watch repair shop IN CENTRAL. That is where I had my Concord repaired and it is an expensive watch. 

Thinking that some shops should be better than others thapae road being mentioned took the wifes watch and about year later had filled with water after battery replaced, you cannot be sure about the service you get any where

Hi - I’m trying to find Longines Service centre but on there website no service centres are listed in Thailand only retail stores. Living in Chiangmai but if necessary could pop down to Bangkok. Does anyone know of anywhere. Watch is manual movement from there Masters collection.

14DCACB2-E49B-4623-8FC0-0F24C593EFC0.jpeg

I've have both Rado & Longines repaired at the Swatch repair center in Bangkok.

The Swatch Group Trading (Thailand) Ltd.Division Rado, U1, G & 4th Floor, M. Thai Tower, All ...RADO BOUTIQUE / SERVICE CENTER
Division Rado
U1, G & 4th Floor, M. Thai Tower, All Seasons Place
87 Wireless Road, Lumpini Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330

+66 2 610 0200
[email protected]

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

Looks like a nice Swiss watch. Charoensilp on Thannon Thapae could repair it.

Spot on - had a couple of expensive (Sinn & Damasko) German mechanical watches serviced here. Place is located at the Night Bazaar end of Thapae Rd.

as odd as this sounds once I started looking into trying to find a shop to fix it, the date turn just started to work the other day.  I have no idea why, like the watch knew it was going to go to a service center and decided, no thanks I will fix myself. 

Really odd, will keep an eye on it.

Archived