Thai son fakes his own death to con mum out of 60,000 baht in funeral expenses

webfact

On 7/27/2018 at 2:48 AM, z42 said:

This is the best plan at least 3 grown up people could come up with.

And a satisfactory figure assuming the plan worked as expected only 60k THB. 

Jesus weapt. Stupidity of this calibre is VERY hard to fathom

Have to agree.

Thai scams are normally repeatable. 

Feigning death, even in Thailand, is a one off cash grab.

Pretty hard to repeat. 

But then again. 

This is Thailand...

Reminds me of a factory job I had in my younger days.  I worked with a guy who didn't always show up for work, but always an excuse.

Story was that before I started working there he once came up with the story that his father died, took off for the wake, funeral etc.  It eventually was found out his father was still alive, for some reason they didn't fire him.  But whenever he was late or didn't come in the foreman would ask him, loudly and in front of us all, "who'd you kill this time?"

Somchai here, looks like he didn't think this all the way through.  Surprised him and wifey didn't come up with a 'back from the dead' tale.

Edited by bendejo

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, dallen52 said:

Have to agree.

Thai scams are normally repeatable. 

Feigning death, even in Thailand, is a one off cash grab.

Pretty hard to repeat. 

But then again. 

This is Thailand...

RE - Feigning death, even in Thailand, is a one off cash grab - But then again. This is Thailand...

By historical facts and statistics this is not to be considered a repeatable scam in Thailand.

Also interesting to know that faking Your Death "is not in and og itself illegal". 

If you wanted to walk away from Your life and start a New, there are no federal statutes to prevent you to do so - With other Words its the linked activities as a result of faking Your own Death that may be illegal.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/67805/8-people-who-faked-their-own-deaths

The 10 Weirdest Cases Of People Faking Their Own Deaths

https://www.businessinsider.com/people-who-faked-their-own-deaths-2012-8?international=true&r=US&IR=T

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hmmm, I was conned by my ex family to "loan" them 60,000 for the MIL funeral, and none of them pretended to be dead.

I learned a good lesson then, but too late to save my marriage or my money.

LOS- land of scams.

I am sorry for what happened to you, but If you think twice you may find it wrong to judge a whole nation for it as bad and good People exist everywhere, in any family, community and/or country - unfortunately you just happened to experince some of the bad ones.......

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

I am sorry for what happened to you, but If you think twice you may find it wrong to judge a whole nation for it as bad and good People exist everywhere, in any family, community and/or country - unfortunately you just happened to experince some of the bad ones.......

I don't blame the whole nation for what happened to me, but any perusal of the divorce sub forum will show that I am far from the only one taken by the marriage scammers.

The only real mistakes I made was getting married, and having become married letting the family into our lives.

Had I just "rented", I'd be far happier, and wealthier than I am now.

However, if I'm honest. I got married with my eyes open, and if I was conned, it was probably my own fault for being a sucker. Something about Thai girls that makes me foolish though.

On 7/27/2018 at 3:33 AM, Darcula said:

Then the Chinese table feast was served with lao khao, and there was much joy and laughter.

Wow I rarely am surprised by humans anymore. This comment is so mean spirited and derogatory that it surprises me another human would take the time to write such trash. And when you say it was a joke then I hope nothing like this happens to you or anyone you love. This is not funny. 

4 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Wow I rarely am surprised by humans anymore. This comment is so mean spirited and derogatory that it surprises me another human would take the time to write such trash. And when you say it was a joke then I hope nothing like this happens to you or anyone you love. This is not funny. 

Doesn't take much to trigger soyboys these days.