Video: Future of the nation - little Thai kids steal motorbike in Bangkok

webfact

Video: Future of the nation - little Thai kids steal motorbike in Bangkok

37809905_1032438480271913_5107814170577862656_n.jpg

Video footage posted to popular channel YouLike showed a group of Thai children steal a woman's motorbike.

Posted by Wanchana Ariya she lamented facetiously about the "youth of today" and the "future of the nation".

The footage showed a group of four boys up to no good in the Wong Wian 22 area of Thonburi on the afternoon of July 22nd.

After a little time one of the boys rides off on the stolen Honda Wave 110.

Still pictures later show all of the boys on the bike.

Comments by the poster in a hashtag indicated that she might have left the keys in the ignition.

She appealed for help in tracking down the thieves.

Police involvement or whether the vehicle was recovered was not reported.

Source: YouLike

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-27

12 minutes ago, neeray said:

This comment will really give my age away.

This theft and footage would fit well into a modern version episode of the mid fifties American series "The Little Rascals".

You young whippersnapper that was 1994.

???

The movie I mean.

Think my Dad told me about the series. ?

Edited by overherebc

45 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Funniest part is when they get rid of the helmets before they steal the bike. Kids here really have no interest whatsoever in safety.

i thought they were stealing the helmets at first but i guess the little rugrats were smart enough to know there's no market for them so because someone was stupid enough to leave the keys in the bike they just opportunistically thought no more walking today boys and off they went.

trying to work out at the start of the video if the tyres in the road are to reserve parking or if that's supposed to be warning of a massive hole in the road.

hate to say it but i think most of those kids if not all are destined for a pretty shit future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

So true. This morning i rode past my local 'Bike Dismantler', who spends all of every day breaking up dubiously obtained bikes and scooters, selling some parts, respraying others for resale and the rest goes in the pick-up down to the scrapyard once a week.   The local Copper was there collecting his monthly 'bung' for 'protection' before returning to his ten million Baht house with three new cars outside !

No no no, he just made some good investments years ago.

8 hours ago, happy chappie said:

When kids steal your motorbike in Brazil they stick a gun in your face so this ain't nothing to go on about really.as for the owner.som nong nah you thick woman.

Give time to the time! They learn fast!

We stole bicycles from the swimming bars when we were kids. 

We just wanted to ride around on bikes like the other kids. 

It's funny how kids think, it never even occurred to us that we were stealing. 

Give the boys a break. 

Kids do the strangest things. 

5 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Give the boys a break. 

I never stole a bike, my mother taught me it was wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I never stole a bike, my mother taught me it was wrong.

Well we are all not blessed with the same mothers. My mother was drunk every other day and we were slightly misguided. 

It's a rare person that gets through this life without breaking a few laws in their youth. You must be one of the rare ones. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

2 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Well we are all not blessed with the same mothers. My mother was drunk every other day and we were slightly misguided. 

It's a rare person that gets through this life without breaking a few laws in their youth. You must be one of the rare ones. 

I am sorry to hear about your mother, it couldn't have been easy for you. I just knew if I went out of line, I was in for a good beating, I thought better not to steal or swear than get a good beating, I still find swearing appalling to this day. I sure a good upbringing can last a lifetime.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:18 PM, trainman34014 said:

So true. This morning i rode past my local 'Bike Dismantler', who spends all of every day breaking up dubiously obtained bikes and scooters, selling some parts, respraying others for resale and the rest goes in the pick-up down to the scrapyard once a week.   The local Copper was there collecting his monthly 'bung' for 'protection' before returning to his ten million Baht house with three new cars outside !

There's no fighting it is there, it's just the way it is here. That's what I've decided after firstly being angry about it, then understanding it, then smiling when I see something like it happening. Not my country, I'm just a guest, I hope they enjoy it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

Give the boys a break. 

I giggled at the way they were actually jumping for joy, they were probably squealing like piglets, this shows that it was just a buzz thing, they weren't being nasty, or even doing it for cash, they just wanted a thrill, many of us have done things we shouldn't have, and have grown up...ok, I suppose ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

My mum was excellent, she taught us all the right ways, but we only chose to listen to some of them, we were young and wanted to do things out way. You can't always blame the parents.

• Like 1