Need Waterpik or adaptor to Thai electricity

cubism001

Where could I find a waterpik water flosser in Chiang Mai? My charger blew.  Maybe this would work:  Amorn electronics on Huay Kaew near Central Mall said I could buy an adaptor to use & buy it on Ebay but can't figure that out.  Advice?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Could you specify what model nr. of waterpik that is?

I just seen one which is powered by a 3.7 V rechargeable Lithium battery.

Finding a charger/new batteries would be trivial.

I understood that only the charger is defective (or battery worn out)?

For a complete new waterpik there would be multiple online sources within Thailand.

Of course Lazada not missing in the list.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks - it's a hand - held model using a charger from US.  Charger tests 'dead.'  I dropped the water pik itself so don't feel like spending much more on it. & I don't know where to buy a charger and adaptor.  No, I didn't know that that I wouldn't be able to buy a Thai-specific water pik.  And once again no, I don't know where to buy one.

I'd prefer a simple one I could plug into the elec. with an adaptor, that has a reservoir sitting atop, rather than the charger experience again.  I never saw one with lithium batteries in the states, so never considered it. The ones with chargers were the only ones in the shops. 

I'm a simple soul, so simply need advice: in Chiang Mai, which shop should I go to, where, to buy a water pick?  I seldom shop other than normal foodstuffs at Rimping & local markets, occasional jaunts to Airport Plaza.   (I'd considered airport pl for the waterpik.) Thank you.

4 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Thanks - it's a hand - held model using a charger from US.  Charger tests 'dead.'  I dropped the water pik itself so don't feel like spending much more on it. & I don't know where to buy a charger and adaptor.  No, I didn't know that that I wouldn't be able to buy a Thai-specific water pik.  And once again no, I don't know where to buy one.

I'd prefer a simple one I could plug into the elec. with an adaptor, that has a reservoir sitting atop, rather than the charger experience again.  I never saw one with lithium batteries in the states, so never considered it. The ones with chargers were the only ones in the shops. 

I'm a simple soul, so simply need advice: in Chiang Mai, which shop should I go to, where, to buy a water pick?  I seldom shop other than normal foodstuffs at Rimping & local markets, occasional jaunts to Airport Plaza.   (I'd considered airport pl for the waterpik.) Thank you.

See waterpikthailand.com, or check eBay- 9277 Baht from s Korea.

Edited by joealx

On 8/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, joealx said:

See waterpikthailand.com, or check eBay- 9277 Baht from s Korea.

I don't know why someone would want to pay that kind of money for a Waterpik. They run around $40 in the US, which is something like 1300 baht.

To the OP- I appreciate that you are a simple soul, but you have to show some initiative if you want something out of the ordinary .

I have never seen one of these machines being sold in Thailand. You can search in the places recommended above.

I called the company to ask which model will run on 220 V. They told me , and also where to buy it, in the US.

You may need to order online as I am not sure you can find one in Chiang Mai. But first you need to contact the company to find out which model to buy.

I bought mine on the north side of the moat. From Thapae follow the road around to Sri Poom and it was 4-5 shops along next to a double fronted shophouse selling farm gear. That was 3-4 years ago so no telling if they are still stocking.

I have the same hand held one.  Best bet is to get a Thai adapter for the same voltage and amps.

1. cut the damaged one saving the end that plugs in to the portable water pik

2. cut the connector tip from the thai one

3. attach in the old connector, making sure to check the polarity and then cover with electric tape.

If you can't do it yourself have any thai electrical handy man do that for you.  Just make sure the get the right voltage and amps.

Actually the problem with the portable one is that it doesn't hold a charge very well.  after a couple of uses it looses strength and needs to be recharged.

I just bought one large one as per impulses and lopburi3  suggestions

Edited by THAIJAMES

9 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

Actually the problem with the portable one is that it doesn't hold a charge very well.  after a couple of uses it looses strength and needs to be recharged

In our experience they do not have any strength period.  Got one of the best and wife was not impressed - totally useless power compared to normal tank types - not to mention awkward to use with inadequate water supply.  Hydrofloss (at much higher cost) in our experience is the best for power and longevity (Waterpik coiled tubes break often).  

Available on Ebay.

HYDROFLOSS-DENTAL-ORAL-IRRIGATOR-FREE-SHIPPING-BEST-MATCH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 8:09 PM, Wandr said:

To the OP- I appreciate that you are a simple soul, but you have to show some initiative if you want something out of the ordinary .

Thank you for diagnosing my lack of initiative & for denigrating my choice of life style.  FYI, I tried everything before asking here.  The ones online are, as  you said, offensively expensive.  I bought mine for $32 at Walmart in the US.  If  you have anything constructive to say, I thank you in advance for your information.  My Stateside dentist and  hygienist firmly believed these gadgets were important. Sorry to interfere with your day.

13 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Thank you for diagnosing my lack of initiative & for denigrating my choice of life style.  FYI, I tried everything before asking here.  The ones online are, as  you said, offensively expensive.  I bought mine for $32 at Walmart in the US.  If  you have anything constructive to say, I thank you in advance for your information.  My Stateside dentist and  hygienist firmly believed these gadgets were important. Sorry to interfere with your day.

You should think carefully before you take a swipe at people who have tried to help you.

You did not even know Waterpik had an international model - I told you. You did not seem able to  figure out how to get information about latest models - I told you how I did it.

You call that initiative?

I am letting you off with an explanation. But, like everyone else here, I will get nasty if you decide to continue a slanging match.