true 4G phone under 1000 baht

It really depends on your application requirements, and budget. 

This category of local phones are inexpensive for a reason. All three providers have these, and often give them away for free to existing customers as an incentive to move off 2G, but stay with the provider.

• Like 1

AIS and DTAC have their own similar proprietary, branded line of inexpensive phones.

These phones are locked to the issuing provider's network.

They are inexpensive because they have an extremely low COGS, so that they can be given away for free. TrueMove H has long given these phones away for free, a friend got one when he switched to TrueMove H, but he binned it as it was simply awful.

Just make sure it does what you need it to do, and you'll probably be satisfied. I've seen these in 7/11 (CPAll, part of CP just like True) for 290 baht. Those come with a SIM, with at least 100 baht value.

went to buy a cheap phone at 7/11 year or so back if not more, got to the counter after being given the phone by other staff. girl at counter refused to sell it to me because i was FARANG. manager came out and didnt override her. only bought water at that seven after that lol

• Like 1

this is the cheapest at current AIS lava-w7
฿ 1,250 has 4G/3G and bluetooth
this is their current phones sorted by price

they got this one too https://store.ais.co.th/en/mobile-phone/samsung-galaxy-j2-prime-pre-to-post.html

at ฿ 490 but looks to be locked into package purchase and network lock too

Edited by despicable alien

i find my current touch screen 3G android "simply awful." and it refuses to connect to AIS internet 3G while is able to connect to 3G on dtac, metfhone, cellcard, so am looking at getting the 4g to use my netbook instead as i am accustom and because the true phone is so cheap and unlocked

Edited by despicable alien

5 hours ago, despicable alien said:

went to buy a cheap phone at 7/11 year or so back if not more, got to the counter after being given the phone by other staff. girl at counter refused to sell it to me because i was FARANG. manager came out and didnt override her. only bought water at that seven after that lol

I've often got the same treatment when girls are giving out free samples of stuff. As soon as they see me they pull their arm back in. Don't you just love this country? Instinctively racist. Like the BTS, which offers discounted off-peak fares to the elderly, but only if they are Thai. Kudos to the MRT which offers them to everyone.

• Like 2

I've often got the same treatment when girls are giving out free samples of stuff. As soon as they see me they pull their arm back in. Don't you just love this country? Instinctively racist. Like the BTS, which offers discounted off-peak fares to the elderly, but only if they are Thai. Kudos to the MRT which offers them to everyone.

Of course! Any free samples and hand is withdrawn when falang near ! Overtly racist

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/29/2018 at 10:52 AM, despicable alien said:

went to buy a cheap phone at 7/11 year or so back if not more, got to the counter after being given the phone by other staff. girl at counter refused to sell it to me because i was FARANG. manager came out and didnt override her.

I was told that once also. I wasnt that interested in having the phone so I didnt pursue it.

I had a similar phone to the one shown 2 years ago. Locked to True. Great for telephone calls, SMS, useless for anything else. Tried it on internet but has very few functions and would take about one minute to load a wikipedia page, I do not think you can download any APPS.