New U.S. Passport from Consulate

Remember that at Passport Offices - not just an acceptance faculty, but an official US DoS Passport Office, it is possible to get a SAME DAY passport as well..

But they are conditions an applicant must meet and the expedite fee still applies. I’ve done this twice - once in Seattle and the last time in San Francisco... both times, I met the conditions, had all the correct paperwork and photos and fee (be sure to check not only the amount payable, but also form of payment accepted. I recall sometimes cash is accepted but only exact amounts only, etc)

The Passport Office won’t accept your renewal unless you can present all the required paperwork at the time of application. You can’t bring anything missing in the afternoon when your passport is ready. You’ve got to have it all at the time you apply.

The timeline process was the same in Seattle and well as San Francisco.. apply in the morning before lunch break and get it back same day, in the later afternoon before closing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

All passports the same large size now.

No.

There is a check box at the top of the application.

Large book or regular book.  The large book will have additional pages.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No.

Large book or regular book.  The large book will have additional pages.

Yep. 20-something pages, or 52 pages. Same price, too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I can remember when there was no check box. If you wanted a 48 page passport back then you had to enclose a note requesting one or you only got a 24 page passport. I had to do that in 2004 for when I did a application by mail.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can remember when there was no check box. If you wanted a 48 page passport back then you had to enclose a note requesting one or you only got a 24 page passport. I had to do that in 2004 for when I did a application by mail.

20180731_071444 (1).jpg

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

image.png.436f15f3a16baa49ae4e2d2a999680ff.png

Those were not there in 2004 and I don't recall them being on the form when I applied at the embassy in 2013.

At the embassy you will get a 52 page passport without asking for it.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was my recollection as well, from 2010. Maybe the staff person just ticked that "52-page" box as my current passport from the US BKK EMB from 2010 is 52 pages. You are required to submit the DS82, so maybe just tick that box when completing the form?

FYI, looking at the U.S. Embassy's (Bangkok) appointment system today, it looks like they may not accept appointments for "PASSPORT SERVICES" on Thursdays, not sure if this is just for August, 2018 (maybe related to staff vacations?). They do have appointments for "NOTARIAL SERVICES" on Thursdays this August. September is not yet open for appointments.

FYI, the Passport Card is Real ID compliant (as is a passport, obviously). A Real ID compliant ID will be required for domestic air travel in the U.S. as of Oct. 1, 2020.

usemb_bkk-pp-apt.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

FYI, looking at the U.S. Embassy's (Bangkok) appointment system today, it looks like they may not accept appointments for "PASSPORT SERVICES" on Thursdays, not sure if this is just for August, 2018 (maybe related to staff vacations?). They do have appointments for "NOTARIAL SERVICES" on Thursdays this August. September is not yet open for appointments.

On Thursdays they only do other services in the afternoon. No passports done as you have noticed. Not sure what they do during the morning (perhaps reports of birth).

September will be shown tomorrow on the 1st.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Those were not there in 2004 and I don't recall them being on the form when I applied at the embassy in 2013.

Ok, but there are 2 options and it asks to check a box so it is your decision.  If you see the "note" below it specially refers to frequent travelers getting the larger book.

So, you do not ask for something/check the appropriate box, you may get the smaller one.

Just sayin.

It is interesting Americans can renew  by post. British ones you cannot because the Embassy says you must have your passport with you at all times. What do Americans do if asked to show there passport during the renewal process ? 

On 8/1/2018 at 6:56 AM, pontious said:

It is interesting Americans can renew  by post. British ones you cannot because the Embassy says you must have your passport with you at all times. What do Americans do if asked to show there passport during the renewal process ? 

Show a copy of face page and visa or permission to stay along with  the receipt for the newly applied for passport 

18 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Show a copy of face page and visa or permission to stay along with  the receipt for the newly applied for passport 

Thank you LM - I do wish the British Embassy would keep up.

Edited by pontious