Anyone got a manual for and Asgatec GM6500 mower.

Crossy

I'm sure I've asked this before, but the forum search being what it is ...

It's about time our mower (Asgatec GM6500) got an oil change, no idea how much oil it takes. Of course the manual has long been lost / eaten by termites / beamed up by aliens.

Anyone got a manual?

Customer "service" emailed, the silence is deafening.

Yeah, measuring what comes out is a good start. But how far up the fill tube should it come? The dipstick is somewhat unconventional.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Customer "service" emailed, the silence is deafening.

Yeah, measuring what comes out is a good start. But how far up the fill tube should it come? The dipstick is somewhat unconventional.

Go on, send us a pic of your dipstick.

• Haha 2

How far up the dipstick does the oil come now? Has it been burning oil or making black/blue smoke? You could scratch a mark on the dipstick yourself and then refill to the same level if it's got the right amount of oil in it now.

The beast in question. The manual for a "similar" Honda engine says dip the oil with the stick resting on the opening (not screwed in) which would put the oil at the upper end of the marks on the tip.

I don't think it's been using oil so the level is likely about right, I just want to be sure. These engines take relatively tiny quantities of oil and really don't like being over-filled. The Honda GCV190 (the "similar" engine) takes about 0.4 litres.

Maybe I think too mutt ? 

20180730_154518.jpg

Yes, it's been like that from new.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Fill it to the same position on the dipstick as it is now.

That's always going to be the backstop position, but I do like to get it right.

That's one shriveled bent dipstick you got there.

I don't know. Usually there are some hatch markings on them that mark out the low to high zone. You didn't clean off the oil, but it looks like maybe the tip has bumps that would pass for markings. OTOH, my first instinct was to figure the extra wide part was the low-high mark, and it looks like the oil is coming up that high, but then why the shriveled tail?

Anyway, I see your problem with your dipstick.

• Like 1

Like I noted earlier, I've asked this question before and I know someone responded, either in a thread or by PM. So I would have filled the oil to the correct level (likely be volume), but it doesn't really make any sense how it marks the stick.

Of course I can't find the post or PM.

This website might have it: http://www.manuals.group/n_manuals.php

Or it might be a scam site. It seems to claim to have everything I ask it for so I'm suspicious.

For example, if I put in ASGATEC GM 6500 it brought up pictures of the manuals with ASGATEC GM 6500 on them. If I leave out the space between the GM and 6500 it brings up the same pictures but with the space left out in the manual title in the pictures - so it sort of appears they are procedurally generating the appearance of having everything you want whether they know what it is or not. Then they want your email. I stopped at that point. If they ask for money, it's a scam.

Well, I found the PM, in spite of the forum search being fish.

Sorry for my late reply, but here's the answer: Engine Oil Capacity: 0.63 US (0,60 L)....

Regards

Seems like I last changed the oil in November 2015 ?

18 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

This website might have it: http://www.manuals.group/n_manuals.php

Or it might be a scam site. It seems to claim to have everything I ask it for so I'm suspicious.

For example, if I put in ASGATEC GM 6500 it brought up pictures of the manuals with ASGATEC GM 6500 on them. If I leave out the space between the GM and 6500 it brings up the same pictures but with the space left out in the manual title in the pictures - so it sort of appears they are procedurally generating the appearance of having everything you want whether they know what it is or not. Then they want your email. I stopped at that point. If they ask for money, it's a scam.

They want 19.96 Euros, no way José.

Job for Saturday, change the oil and treat it to a new spark plug. The weed-whacker goes much better with a new plug (original was older than the mower).

I'll post where the oil reaches on the dipstick, for no reason other than someone may be interested.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Well, I found the PM, in spite of the forum search being fish.

Seems like I last changed the oil in November 2015 ?

Why change it(the oil) Crossy?...There are mowers running still after 20yrs without an oil change.

I'd say shitcan the machinery and get the locals in with hand implements to attend to the task (I saw a guy once in Nicaragua 'mowing' a lawn with a machete, he was very low to the ground)...for the necessary effect don linen clothing and a pith helmet and slap a riding crop against yer thigh in menacing fashion...and then eye up the associated subservient wimminfolk in a lascivious manner...

and then you would be part of a great tradition...recent technology is overrated...

either that or move into a shop house where there is no lawn/garden to attend to...just like tutsiwarior who is politically correct at all times...

Edited by tutsiwarrior