Pros and cons of visa agents

12 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why do you need agents in Isaan.  I thought, according to many posts on TV, that there was no need for them as there are no problems with the I/O's in that area.

Maybe I am wrong and the CM malaise is spreading!

Because some can't meet the financial requirements to make a legitimate application for an extension locally.

They have to resort to corrupt methods using an agent.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

pay a bribe

Why do people always assume that agent users are committing an offence.  I am NOT paying a bribe.

Most of us are legitimate agent customers of a legitimate service. 

No difference between those who will stand in the chocking BKK traffic waiting for a non air con bus and pay the cheapest possible fare and waste all their time and effort to save some Bhat and those who hire a taxi from their home and spend their time and money at their leisure.  My choice, my money and my time to use to my own benefit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Because some can't meet the financial requirements to make a legitimate application for an extension locally.

They have to resort to corrupt methods using an agent.

I am NOT discussing or condoning illegal behaviour.  I am supporting a legitimate customer service.  Please differentiate between the two. 

The "agents" you appear to be are referring to I would describe as (illegal) "facilitators".

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Then they should not be here and should be kicked out the country immediately.  If all these illegal no good sh*t were kicked out there would be more room at the IMM Offices for the rest of us.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I read only a few anti-agent comments and I am surprised that so many people don't like them.

Let me tell you my experience with an agent. I see him normally once a year for my B visa renewal.

I arrive about 8am in Chaeng Wattana. There is a loooong queue in front of the closed door. But because my agent was there about 5am he is one of the very first in that queue.

When the door opens we walk in and I sit down and read a book. The agent talks to the officers, he is there every day.

Normally after waiting for a short while the agent asks me to join him with the officer. I say hello, they take a picture, I think I sign one document, say thank you and bye bye and that's it.

It happened once that one of the about 100 documents was not perfect and the officer told the agent. The agent told me and we returned a few days later with the amended document and the business was done in less than 30 minutes.

I think that's as good as it gets. My company arranges and pays the agent. I have to admit I have no idea how much he cost but I would be surprised if it would be a high amount.

My personal conclusion: A good agent makes this a smooth business without surprises like going to your usual coffee shop.They know already what you want. Take your espresso, drink it without stress, and walk out again. Perfect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I am NOT discussing or condoning illegal behaviour.

The topic is about the Pros and Cons of agents.

They offer both a legitimately legal service and a rather shady corrupt service involving payments to IO's.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, notamember said:

''They have to resort to corrupt methods using an agent.'''

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........

Let me rephrase it.

The agent has to resort to corrupt methods in order to meet his clients needs.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The topic is about the Pros and Cons of agents.

They offer both a legitimately legal service and a rather shady corrupt service involving payments to IO's.

It is either legal or it is not.

I and many others are using agents for totally legitimate reason.

People discussing using "agents (read illegal facilitators) to provide false documentation regarding non existent 3 months funded bank accounts for extensions etc are condoning and/or taking part in illegal practices.

Up to you, just don't tarnish legitimate agent users with the low life scum who should not/cannot afford to be here and use illegal methods to remain.  Big Joke will be after them (especially if he is reading the cr*p that about illegality that is being posted here).

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Let me rephrase it.

The agent has to resort to corrupt methods in order to meet his clients needs.

Are you condoning this illegality?

The illegal "agent" (facilitator) would not be needed if there were no clients in need of corrupt and illegal services!

Edited by scottiejohn
spelling!

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The illegal "agent" (facilitator) would not be needed if there were no clients of need of corrupt and illegal services!

Unfortunately corruption is a way of life in Thailand, just ask any Thai.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Unfortunately corruption is a way of life in Thailand, just ask any Thai.

You have not answered my question.

Do you support this illegality of so called "agents" keeping illegal expats in Thailand?

YES or NO?

Edited by scottiejohn

10 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Do you support this illegality of so called "agents" keeping illegal expats in Thailand?

YES or NO?

If you read the topic from page 1, my stance is quite clear and you wouldn't need to ask such a question.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

The illegal "agent" (facilitator) would not be needed if there were no clients in need of corrupt and illegal services!

there by the grace of god go you

one day you might need an agent

• Like 1

YES or NO?

i object the diction "illegality". we use legally an agent since we arrived 13½ years ago. there is no interesting government office in any country we would like visit and that also applies to the officials working in these offices. :smile:

• Like 2

YES or NO?

I will answer. NO.

Of course not. Why would anyone support it?

Apart from the illegals themselves.

Edited by Phuket Man

11 minutes ago, Naam said:

i object the diction "illegality". we use legally an agent since we arrived 13½ years ago. there is no interesting government office in any country we would like visit and that also applies to the officials working in these offices. :smile:

Naam. By the time you go round your house turning off your 14 air conditioners you don't have time to go anywhere. ?

11 minutes ago, Naam said:

I think you are reading the comment above out of context.  Please see my post 162 on the previous page where I said

"I and many others are using agents for totally legitimate reason. 
People discussing using "agents (read illegal facilitators) to provide false documentation regarding non existent 3 months funded bank accounts for extensions etc are condoning and/or taking part in illegal practices."

I totally support Legal agent activities, not the illegal ones.

• Like 1

Why do people always assume that agent users are committing an offence.  I am NOT paying a bribe.

Most of us are legitimate agent customers of a legitimate service. 

No difference between those who will stand in the chocking BKK traffic waiting for a non air con bus and pay the cheapest possible fare and waste all their time and effort to save some Bhat and those who hire a taxi from their home and spend their time and money at their leisure.  My choice, my money and my time to use to my own benefit.

Actually by being too lazy to do it yourself you are breaking the law by paying an agent to renew your extension  in your absence

the law is clear on this:

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

1. The Applicant must appear in person every time.

Then they should not be here and should be kicked out the country immediately.  If all these illegal no good sh*t were kicked out there would be more room at the IMM Offices for the rest of us.

if all people attended themselves rather than use agents, there would be significantly less room for the rest of us

• Like 2

It is either legal or it is not.

I and many others are using agents for totally legitimate reason.

People discussing using "agents (read illegal facilitators) to provide false documentation regarding non existent 3 months funded bank accounts for extensions etc are condoning and/or taking part in illegal practices.

Up to you, just don't tarnish legitimate agent users with the low life scum who should not/cannot afford to be here and use illegal methods to remain.  Big Joke will be after them (especially if he is reading the cr*p that about illegality that is being posted here).

yet you are breaking the law by not attending.........

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, notamember said:

Actually by being too lazy to do it yourself you are breaking the law by paying an agent to renew your extension  in your absence

the law is clear on this:

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

1. The Applicant must appear in person every time.

The agent prepares and lodges all the paperwork in advance.  You do appear in person but only for 10 minutes.  Not 12 Hours.  Please see my earlier posts where I have already stated this.  We are not breaking the law.

Also it has nothing to do with laziness, but customer choice.  Again please read some earlier posts where I clearly state this.

2 minutes ago, notamember said:

if all people attended themselves rather than use agents, there would be significantly less room for the rest of us

It would seem the morality police are exempt from attending.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1