Mongolians accused of pickpocketing Bangkok tourists

snoop1130

Mongolians accused of pickpocketing Bangkok tourists

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

1128882-696x464.jpg

BANGKOK — Three Mongolian men were charged with pickpocketing and credit card fraud Thursday after being arrested at BTS Chit Lom.

Okhinsuren Bayarsaikhan, Tseddenbal Oyunbold and Indermaa Ganbold, all in their 30s, were accused of stealing 300,000 baht in various currencies from tourist areas last month, much of which allegedly went to purchasing iPhone Xs. They have been charged with pickpocketing and credit card fraud.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/08/02/mongolians-accused-of-pickpocketing-bangkok-tourists/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-8-2

Damn! With this good guy in bad guy out and xenophobic attitude towards other ethnicities it is surprising these guys got in the country in the first place. One in the middle is quite portly. Stealing must have provided good pickins' to support that tummy.

Now that (generally) the the traditional finger-pointing-at-suspects seems to have died a death, I notice that the majority of suspects now are wearing face masks and sometimes baseball caps to conceal their identity as much as possible.

(None of the police wear them at these gatherings, so they don't seem worried about the air quality in the room)

I know we live in a country full of contradictions, but what is the point in holding a press conference , is it primarily a PPO (Police Photo Opportunity), rather than presenting the suspects clearly? That's even though they've often not yet been charged, let alone convicted.

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:
38 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Why is the policeman on the left showing a clenched fist to the suspect......

The policeman is saying to the suspect, smile for the camera or get some of this.

Ha ha! I think the suspect is smiling - or is he perhaps grimacing? Just can't tell clearly with the face mask.

I know! It's the police who make the suspects put the masks on - it all clear to me now...

Should impose a lifetime ban on people entering Thailand, who come with the sole intent of committing crime.

Nobody likes a thief... especially the cop on the left by the looks of things?

On 8/3/2018 at 8:34 AM, bluesofa said:

I know we live in a country full of contradictions, but what is the point in holding a press conference , is it primarily a PPO (Police Photo Opportunity), rather than presenting the suspects clearly?

I do not agree its only a police photo opportunity. It is to show potential criminals that they might get caught , even in the land of corruption. 

Archived