Bank Account In Los - Good News

OK, this one has been done to death but went to Kasikorn Bank today to open an account for my daughter and jokingly asked if I needed a WP to open an account, and the reply................. No sir, just your passport will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offered an account with online banking with just a passport.

Here is the BUT, the branch was the Jomtien branch, so no good for the Bangers boys and girls.

It seems as far as red tape, in general, is concerned Pattaya is far more farang friendly.

There are exceptions, but above the WP, the important factor seems to be how much cash you bring in to the bank. 100,000 Bahts: No problem. 10,000 Bahts: May I see your work permit?

It's not Thailand specific, I've seen that happening in the UK too.

Got my Kasinkorn account in Chiang Mai with only a passport that included an O retirement visa. No mention of work permit. Got Bank of Ayuttaya accounts with my boss walking in with me (to put us on direct deposit of our salary); no questions asked about the work permit. It all depends. I also got two more B. of Ayuttaya accounts on the basis of the first one.

If one bank says no, walk down the street to the next one. Shouldn't take more than three banks to get the account.

Got my Kasinkorn account in Chiang Mai with only a passport that included an O retirement visa. No mention of work permit. Got Bank of Ayuttaya accounts with my boss walking in with me (to put us on direct deposit of our salary); no questions asked about the work permit. It all depends. I also got two more B. of Ayuttaya accounts on the basis of the first one.

If one bank says no, walk down the street to the next one. Shouldn't take more than three banks to get the account.

My experience too.

Retired (early). Retirement visa.

SCB account, no wp, opened with Bt 1,000

Kasikorn account, no wp, opened with Bt 10,000

UOB account, no wp, opened with Bt 50,000 (minimum they would accept to open)

At all three banks I was never asked for anything other than my passport (and some cash)

Naka.

Edited by naka

Well, it all makes sense. Don't you all think?

Any account that accept deposits will not require hardly anything. Coz this will be seen as an income to the bank and an opportunity to use your deposit with very low cost or with no cost.

Work permit is required only for checking account and credit card applications.

Edited by tackyshoots