Tourism Authority To ‘Win Back Trust’ After Chinese Cancel Trips

webfact

Tourism Authority To ‘Win Back Trust’ After Chinese Cancel Trips

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

Image-from-iOS-1-696x464.jpg

BANGKOK — Over a quarter of Chinese travelers planning trips to Thailand have canceled in the wake of a ferry disaster that killed 50 last month.

More than 660,000 Chinese tourists have changed their plans, amounting to an estimated loss of 37 billion baht, officials announced at a Thursday conference held at Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/08/03/tourism-authority-to-win-back-trust-after-chinese-cancel-trips/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-08-03

4 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 660,000 Chinese tourists have changed their plans, amounting to an estimated loss of 37 billion baht, officials announced at a Thursday conference held at Ministry of Tourism and Sports

Good for them.  They do not see death and lack of safety as trivial a matters unlike TAT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Exactly the same thing was on my mind too. It was the Phuket Deputy Governor who said the numbers were normal now.

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing exists.

They seam uninterested in the left or right in or out the shake it all about is improving but the turnaround bit is a dance to behold? 

15 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The only way to change the Thai attitude is to take away the only thing they care about: money.

Pretty sure everyone in the world cares about money......greed on the other hand, is different.

I am not a fan of Chinese Indian or Arab tourism to Thailand either. But at the same time who is going to replace these people in terms of income for Thais. Recently a Chinese person I know cancelled her trip to Thailand by advice given by her Chinese travel agent in Sydney. What this shows is Chinese travel agents all over the world are de-facto banningThailand as a destination. Good or bad it is not for me to say.  

20 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

Their loss is our benefit!

37 Billion Bhat divided by 660,000 Chinese. Equates to a bunch of minge bags thats only 56,000 Bhat per person Thats £1296. Last month the British Airways return flight, Bangkok - Aberdeen was £1500. Either the figures shown are completely wrong. Or they really are a bunch of "Minge Bags"

TAT are going to have a real uphill struggle over this one.

Only today its reported that another 30 people had to be rescued from a Koh Samet boat.

These " accidents " keep on occurring unabated due to the total lack of Safety and Welfare of the Tourists that visit this Country.

Thailand has a duty of care,  NOTE - " Duty of Care " towards the people that holiday here, who are now starting to choose safer destinations in which to Holiday and spend their money.

This Country really needs to drag itself into the 21st Century pronto.

• Like 1

Australia is a good safe place for a safe holiday, but a cup of coffee costs 46 dollars there.  Haha, well maybe not that much,  but you get my point.  I realise the dangers when I take up cheap holiday in Thailand.  I stay away from the waters and cook my own food. No bungy jumping and surely no bunga bunga parties.

• Like 1

The "icing on the cake" for the Chinese were "watch" mans comments after the incident, they were seriously pissed! Chinese social and "free" press full of negativity.

Time out? :shock1: may be the only thing to bring them back?.......................

Edited by CGW

I wait with bated breath and clenched teeth, that TAT might actually have an ephany and realise that Tourists do think and act, so treating thembetter, do away with double pricing, other scams would assist. But then I live in a dream world where Thais THINK ,,,,,,,,,lol