Android alternative to iPad mini

cheeryble

Hi

Love the mini, but the home button not working.....can use digital home button but slow and can’t take screenshots.

Also....I think mini is becoming redundant......True?

So considering android alternative.

I remembered someone recommending Huawei and saw this yesterday....

IMG_4334.JPG

And this

IMG_4333.JPG

How do these compare to an iPad mini?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Did you not "play" with the ones in the shop when you took photos ?....if you play with them then you can compare how they perform compared to the ipad and whether they meet your need/expectations and are value for money in comparison to the ipad.

• Like 1

Did you not "play" with the ones in the shop when you took photos ?....if you play with them then you can compare how they perform compared to the ipad and whether they meet your need/expectations and are value for money in comparison to the ipad.

Afraid I was in a rush, but I could certainly go back.

I HAVE learned that at least one of those two is a phablet which would be great if the sound's louder than a normal phone which I have trouble hearing.
I’ve also seen a comparison wit Huawei and an iPad mini which came out well until I learned the former cost 12900 baht so different model and similar to m8ni price.

These models are old with poor screen resolution and ancient processors.

The closest replacement for the ipad mini is the new Huawei MiPad 4.

Its not available in Thailand yet but can be ordered from Aliexpress.

• Like 2

Not really much point in comparing the ipad mini to a 3500 Baht tablet TBH.

The comparison should be against the Huawei mediapad M3.

https://technave.com/gadget/Top-3-reasons-why-the-Huawei-MediaPad-M3-beats-out-other-tablets-like-the-iPad-mini-4-and-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S2-8611.html

I think there is a M5 now but not sure if it's available in Thailand yet and it doesn't seem to be worth

the price increase.

When my Dell tablet poo's itself, that's what I'll be getting.

• Like 2

I have used IPhone and IPad for many years. Once two years ago wanted to buy something similar and comparable to a iPad. Mostly price reasons.

Bought it hated it the operating system/functions drove me crazy gave it to one of the kids.

you might check Apple store. I needed a new phone and saw an article 

when the “X” came out and said if you  need a new phone and not the “x” look at iPhone 6  or many changes. Bought new at USD 1 year warranty and one year  if you break the glass free replacement. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 10:20 AM, Grusa said:

I have an iPad2, and a mini, the former became unusable, the latter is ok but frustratingly slow and many apps cannot run on the older ios. 

Yes, still have my first generation mini working, in spite of it being stuck on ios6. Battery is holding up surprisingly well. Fortunately I got a lot of decent apps I wanted onto it in the first year so there's a lot it can still do, and as an ereader it's a perfect size. Web surfing depends on the site whether it supports an old operating system, for anything important I use the phone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered and received a Voyo i8 Max 10" tablet from Banggood
Around 6,500 baht for the tablet only, but recommend the bluetooth keyboard case as well for an additional 750 baht

Total with shipping was under THB 7,500

Customs duty on arrival was an exorbitant 230 baht (was a very happy person the other day)

Took one week to arrive

Good specs - do a search on Banggood for Voyo i8 Max

• Like 1

Just ordered and received a Voyo i8 Max 10" tablet from Banggood
Around 6,500 baht for the tablet only, but recommend the bluetooth keyboard case as well for an additional 750 baht

Total with shipping was under THB 7,500

Customs duty on arrival was an exorbitant 230 baht (was a very happy person the other day)
Took one week to arrive

Good specs - do a search on Banggood for Voyo i8 Max

Sounds like the right sort of thing except too big for a side pocket

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

For anyone in the market for a tablet, gearbest is having a flash sale on the Huawei Mediapad M3 for 7965 Baht

with free shipping to Thailand. Only about 15 hours to go.

This is about 40% off and a good buy I think.

Was looking at this item only last week for about THB 13K in powerbuy.

I have signed up to the site but are these "flash sales" often?. 

Edited by james.d

Well I've still been following the thread and was kinda interested in the M3 but LO AND BEHOLD I dropped by the hospital where the wife was working late.
She had a kind of inane grin on her face, pushed a bag towards me and said happy anniversary.
I felt it and said it’s not a book.
It was an iPad mini 4.with 128 gb

Very sweet and she’s got to pay 14900 in 24 interest free goes.

Well of course I’m using the mini 3 to post this and I can get by but.......home button inoperable have to use digital......screen cracked again.....choices occasionally come on the screen like usual, except some won’t work. .......typing delete sometimes acts like new line order.
On the plus side thbattery still in perfectly good nick after a good run.

My one thought is yet again my wif's been impetuous, and I’ve wonder if a mini 4 or mini 3 could be picked up much cheaper somewhere.
Because she mentioned there’s a larger model with a stylus same price is that an iPad Pro?
And I could change as I haven’t opened or if a mini can come in cheap maybe get both.

Thanx for all input.

So a change is

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

Just not sure about any added extra's though.

I've read that VAT is 7% but some have said they got stung with high import duties.

I'm pretty sure gearbest use local post and not couriers which might be better.

• Like 1

https://www.banggood.com/VOYO-I8-Max-MTK-Helio-X20-Deca-Core-4G-RAM-64G-Android-7_1-OS-10_1-Inch-Dual-4G-Calling-Tablet-p-1255125.html

That is the link to the tablet I mentioned in the previous page

To give an idea on duty -  was only charged 240 baht when it was delivered.  Paid at the Post Office in Kathu
So 7,500 value (I bought the tablet and the bluetooth keyboard) and only 240 baht duty

• Like 1

https://www.banggood.com/VOYO-I8-Max-MTK-Helio-X20-Deca-Core-4G-RAM-64G-Android-7_1-OS-10_1-Inch-Dual-4G-Calling-Tablet-p-1255125.html

That is the link to the tablet I mentioned in the previous page

To give an idea on duty -  was only charged 240 baht when it was delivered.  Paid at the Post Office in Kathu
So 7,500 value (I bought the tablet and the bluetooth keyboard) and only 240 baht duty

Then there’s the keeping the wife happy bit.
That might mean action of no action!