Denied entry at SUVARNABHUMI Airport visa on arrival refused advice plz

52 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"Thailand is giving no more 'raw deals' than many other countries".  Oh no? What about the Philipines? Thailand could easily do what they do regarding marriage visas.

How many countries have people with retirement extensions doing this nonsense of reporting every ninety days? 

How many countries send people on border hops all the time?

and finally, I will not live with anything I don't like if I can get away with it.

You really do not have a clue, do you? I talk about a half decent country and you talk about the Philippines. Exactly how many countries allow retirement visas in the developed world? Ninety day nonsense? How many countries ALLOW people to enter on visas and do short trips out of the country to renew them?

Blind Freddy will have worked out that the days of dodgy visas and regular visa runs are becoming a thing of the past (although money still talks of course). I am beginning to think that you might have to watch out for 'Big Joke' paying you a visit some time soon.

• Like 1

I got a warning of too many visa excemptions when arriving last month. I had three entries between august and november 2017. At least 14 days between each new entry. A total of about 70 days. I was told to get a visa in my home country next time. As I plan to visit a friend in Hong Kong before flying back home from Thailand,  I guess I should probably try to get a visa there, or will they likely accept a "transit" of a few days? 

Anybody know why they are writing the flight number next to the stamp now? There is also written a star beneath the stamp in addition to the signature I haven't seen before. 

29 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

You really do not have a clue, do you? I talk about a half decent country and you talk about the Philippines. Exactly how many countries allow retirement visas in the developed world? Ninety day nonsense? How many countries ALLOW people to enter on visas and do short trips out of the country to renew them?

Blind Freddy will have worked out that the days of dodgy visas and regular visa runs are becoming a thing of the past (although money still talks of course). I am beginning to think that you might have to watch out for 'Big Joke' paying you a visit some time soon.

What I would like to say I have said before on this forum and I am not going through it all again. I have not been to Thai immigration even to do a 90 day report personally in 5 years as I am frightened to because of a dreadful experience I had with one officer, and I do not scare easily, but being deported is not one thing I would ever want.

33 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What I would like to say I have said before on this forum and I am not going through it all again. I have not been to Thai immigration even to do a 90 day report personally in 5 years as I am frightened to because of a dreadful experience I had with one officer, and I do not scare easily, but being deported is not one thing I would ever want.

So do you pay an agent to do for you? Or are you on Overstay? I have not seen your other posts on your Immigration experience

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JohnTT said:

Anybody know why they are writing the flight number next to the stamp now? There is also written a star beneath the stamp in addition to the signature I haven't seen before. 

Writing the flight number is nothing new or anything to worry about.

Not sure what you mean by “written a star”. Sometimes they write the number of entries.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm arriving on a visa exempt entry next week.. It will be my 4th this year but have only stayed a maximum of 10 days on those entries.

This will be a 2 week visit and I have a return ticket to Australia.. Hoping there will be no issues but I will have cash in my wallet, just in case !!

Good luck. You are playing immigration Russian Roulette. I've heard of people being refused entry after 2 Visa On Arrivals. There is a limit on how many times you can get VOA per 12 months. So you are taking a high risk this time. You must also remember that any Thai immigration officer can deny you entry regardless your documents VOA or Tourist Visa. Its up to the individual officer and you can not appeal his or her decision. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Not sure what you mean by “written a star”. Sometimes they write the number of entries.

Ok. I just haven't seen that on all my previous stamps. There is a star or asterix scribbled beneath the stamp on the left side. 

51 minutes ago, jimn said:

So do you pay an agent to do for you? Or are you on Overstay? I have not seen your other posts on your Immigration experience

I went on to doing it by post. You have to watch what you say regarding Immigration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JohnTT said:

1 hour ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Good luck. You are playing immigration Russian Roulette. I've heard of people being refused entry after 2 Visa On Arrivals. There is a limit on how many times you can get VOA per 12 months. So you are taking a high risk this time. You must also remember that any Thai immigration officer can deny you entry regardless your documents VOA or Tourist Visa. Its up to the individual officer and you can not appeal his or her decision. 

What total nonsense, misleading rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Yikes! makes me nervous as I'm arriving in 10 days--always buy One way tix and clear the hurdles...get my 30 day stamp and extend that--then head to laos for the actual double visa and extend those for a 6 month stay > or <..

Anyone see any issues with my approach as I dont want to come with visa and lose those free 30+ days.....  ??

I do realize its a gamble as leaving the states without a visa has raised a few questions at the airport one way tix

I see the PAIN in the future and the obligatory thread. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Belzybob said:

What total nonsense, misleading rubbish.

Yes, you can appeal the decision if refused entry but you will remain as a 'guest' of Imm' while you try to get a copy of the appeal paperwork etc etc. Then 'if' you manage to get that far you will 'wait as a guest of Imm' while it gets processed.

Maybe you think you can state 'I am going to appeal' and they will allow you in to stay in your condo or hotel and they, Imm' will let you know the result?

So to summarise this thread after seven pages. Normal genuine tourists= Allowed in. People trying to live here on a tourist visa= can and should have problems with immigration. Russian and Uzbekistan hookers= now being correctly denied entry.

Think that sums it up perfectly!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I know what it stands for my friend.  Most of the Eastern European working girls have them! So do many of the Eastern European males working here illegally.  if that is not abuse,  then I dont know what is. 

Again, to clarify.

VOA allows 15 day permission of stay, and cannot be extended.

You are suggesting that is being abused, i.e. people exit every 15 days for a new VOA non stop.

That's a bit of a stretched logic.

13 hours ago, EL159 said:

Why would a person "on holiday" be in and out non stop for 18 months! Across the world generally, people go on holiday for a few weeks a year. If its almost non stop over an 18 month period, then "a rat has been smelled" by the Thai authorities, and good luck to them for once!

I do ?

After years of hard work

Tis called retirement  ?

?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IvanLaw said:

I do ?

After years of hard work

Tis called retirement  ?

?

If its "retirement" then its not "holiday" is it? "Holiday" is a break from work. Please stop being so unnecessarily pedantic!

13 minutes ago, EL159 said:

If its "retirement" then its not "holiday" is it? "Holiday" is a break from work. Please stop being so unnecessarily pedantic!

So a holiday is time away from work when you can do what you feel like when you feel like.

Say jump on a plane go somewhere for a while and relax knowing you have, unless you choose so, no timetable to adhere to dictated by another.

Stop work permanenty and jump on a plane go somewhere for a while and relax knowing you have, unless you choose so, no timetable to adhere to dictated by another.

I'm struggling to see the difference except for timescale.

• Like 1

There's a lot of Uzbeki prostitutes in Pattaya and bangkok, maybe he thought she was coming to turn tricks..........My friend worked in the US Embassy, his wife is Uzbeki, she was refused entry her first attempt, went back home, he had the Embassy help her get a one year visa.

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I am going to agree with everything you said here, but I still feel that the Thai authorities have too many people jumping through too many unnecessary hoops.

Yep,  they do, because they can. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lkv said:

Again, to clarify.

VOA allows 15 day permission of stay, and cannot be extended.

You are suggesting that is being abused, i.e. people exit every 15 days for a new VOA non stop.

That's a bit of a stretched logic.

watch how many get picked up in Pattaya on VOA overstays, all patrolling beach road looking for clients and all Eastern European. 

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

watch how many get picked up in Pattaya on VOA overstays, all patrolling beach road looking for clients and all Eastern European. 

Ok so that's overstay not VOA abuse. I can overstay my SETV if I wish to do so.

Wish I could see them, but Pattaya is not my cup of tea.

I would imagine out of their income they could sort themselves with some ED visas. Extensions are for sale in Pattaya at 5K per 3 months.

Btw, coming from a country that is not entitled to visa exempt anyway but VOA (Eastern Europe also I might add), I am using SETVs because I get 60+30, not VOA's that give me 15 days.

But yeah , who knows, maybe you are right.

Edited by lkv

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:11 AM, overherebc said:

Never mind the quality, feel the width!!!!

Not true anymore.

Chinese tourists spend much more than European/American backpackers who go for budget meals and cheap rooms.

Yesterday I passed by a restaurant near Warorot and their food prices were geared toward Chinese tourists which is 3 times more expensive than a typical Thai restaurant.

Quality - Chinese ,width - Europeans/Americans.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

Similar thing happened to me.

I was refused at BKK 24th Aug, stamp

is attached that I received (no idea what it says). I was taken to detention for about 24 hours to leave by the same airline i came in on which was Vietjet. I couldn’t fly out on another airline that night or early next morning, they told me it was the policy, policy of who I don’t know -

so I waited it out until the afternoon. The detention room was full about 12 people in the men’s cell. Cost per night 743baht plus 100baht for food , 100 baht per cigarette you desire. I guess they confiscate the smokes for a reason upon entry! 

I was coming back from Vietnam to get my second SETV for the year. I have a Australian passport. For me it was the two overstay stamps by a few days before extending each SETV that set off alarm bells for the IO.

Ran my name through the computer, then found all my previous Toursit stays from

2014, photos and all of each entry came up.

I dont work here illegally, though try explaining to IO you work online from

Australia and not working here illegally just enjoying the cheap lifestyle. 

Most of us under 50’s aren’t going to pay for Elite if we can get away with it, let be honest now. 500,000 is a lot of beer money! 

I have no complaints they did there job

FE7040A5-7EBD-4C87-95AE-C2983815905C.jpeg

19A966ED-1923-40BE-B7CF-DBCFEFBAA68C.jpeg

C405F50F-2D7A-4263-8E8E-CD18C5F8C4D4.jpeg

9 minutes ago, lionroar said:

I was refused at BKK 24th Aug, stamp

is attached that I received (no idea what it says). I was taken to detention for about 24 hours to leave by the same airline i came in on which was Vietjet.

It is the standard denial of entry stamp. You were denied under section 12 clause 2 of the immigration act.

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the
Kingdom :

2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the standard denial of entry stamp. You were denied under section 12 clause 2 of the immigration act.

I was never asked about funds, not sure how they came to that conclusion.

Is there a exclusion period from entering with this standard entry denial ? 

Edited by lionroar