6 Month visa to Portugal

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice in relation to moving to Portugal for 6 months each year.

Im from the republic of Ireland, my wife is Thai. We both live here in Thailand. I am the sole earner in the family at present etc. 

What would be the easiest visa for her to attain to accompany me. 

I own a property on the algarve as well. 

Thanks 

I have obviously spoken to the embassy however embassies many times dont like to give you the full facts as in what you are entitles too. 

Non EU Spouse of EU Citizen - I am sure they are benefits to help make this as easy as possible. 

Anything over 3 months in a row would be seen as migration. So you would have to follow the instructions for a residence permit rather than a visa. But this permit too could be obtained under relaxed EU freedom  of movement rules.

I don't know about Portugal channels and exact procedures for immigration though. So would best check the Portuguese immigration department. 

From other topics on this forum about migrating to Spain, France, Netherlands etc you might be able to get a general idea: move there with a C (short stay) or D (immigration) Schengenvisa applied for as an EU family. Show evidence of sufficient income so you won't be an unrrasonable burden to the state, don't be a national security risk and you should be able to get it all sorted out with minimum hassle and paperwork. In theory.. But I have no clue how the Portuguese operate.