Apple AirPort Extreme

wilinusa

I use Apple's AirPort Time Capsule as a wireless router. That's the newer model after the Extreme (all discontinued now by Apple ? ).

You cannot use it as a modem for fibre. Just connect it by LAN cable to the modem provided by AIS and you'll be good to go. I use it to rout wirelessly and LAN.

I have an Apple AirPort Extreme that I would like to use as my router rather than the AIS Fibre modem/router. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Get AIS to switch your modem to bridge mode then put the log on credentials into the AEBS. Otherwise you will end up with a double NAT problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

On 8/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, tropo said:

I use Apple's AirPort Time Capsule as a wireless router. That's the newer model after the Extreme (all discontinued now by Apple ? ).

Just to clarify , are you saying that the Airport Time Capsule is no longer? Has something taken its place?

I was just looking to buy one ( 2TB).

I went on to Apple Thailand and they are advertised as 11,100 baht.  The same ( 2TB) on Lazada is 9,814 baht.

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

Just to clarify , are you saying that the Airport Time Capsule is no longer? Has something taken its place?

I was just looking to buy one ( 2TB).

I went on to Apple Thailand and they are advertised as 11,100 baht.  The same ( 2TB) on Lazada is 9,814 baht.

Yes, as far as I know, Apple has discontinued making any routers. I wouldn't buy that one as Apple no longer supports them. The last version of Airport Utility for Windows (version 5.6.1) is more than 4 years old. I'm still using the same version I installed in 2014. I've been lucky with mine so far, but I've heard a lot of bad reports about them not lasting long.

I was an Apple die hard until a few years ago, until they stopped taking any interest in anything other than iPhones and dumbing down their computers.

Router wise I can highly recommend the Asus RT-AC 86U. Blows the Apple offerings out of the water in every respect. Can be had on good offers from Gear Best for around 4,000 baht.

Sent using Tapatalk

Archived