Roadhouse Bbq

jbowman1993

My wife and I went to the Roadhouse BBQ on Sunday evening. Roadhouse opened up about 6 months ago. It is located on the corner of Rama IV and Suriwong Road (924/1-4 Rama IV Road, Suriyawonge, Bangkok 02-236-8010-1 ) http://www.roadhousebarbecue.com. You have to park at the Charn Issara Building next door, but they validate parking for you.

Building - Three floors, 1st floor has a bar, tables, and a corner where they have live music. Second Floor was non smoking tables for eating, third floor was set up as a sports bar. With plenty of televisions, billards, high tables with stools etc. The decor was nice, solidly built rustic. Lots of brick and hardwood. Very nice feel overall. Restrooms were clean and and good sized.

Drinks- They featured all the usuals, but had a nice selection of beers on tap, including to US Microbrews, which they advertised as Roadhouse Pilner and Roadhouse Strong Ale. Both of these were truly excellent brews!

Food- My wife and I ordered a plate of wings and iceburg lettece wedge salad with blue cheese. Excellent sauces and ingredients. The chicken wings were cooked to perfection and used authentic buffalo style sauce. For entree's we ordered a BBQ pulled pork sandwich, and a half rack of baby back ribs. Both were equally excellent. Meat was cooked just right, sauce was original, and very tangy and good, and the cole slaw was a real winner. French fries were the big "Steak" fries. Also excellent. We finishe dinner with a slice of Key Lime pie. Very good, but more of a cheesecake style, with lime sauce garnishing it.

My take - for the first time since I came to Thailand 5 years ago, I could honestly say that this place came as close to being in the US as I've seen. The smells, tastes, the music, the whole experience was like that of an upmarket US bar and grill. As someone who has lived in Tennessee and Texas, I know BBQ, and Roadhouse is doing it exceptionally well.

At the end of the meal, they gave us a plastic 15% discount card, free, with no expiration date. We will definitely use it often. It was a nice touch to a great meal and a great evening out. Total bill - Food was about 900 baht (a great deal considering the fact that the two of us were stuffed), and 4 beers at 200 each (great price for great US microbrew). Total with tax about 1,800. Next time Ill use my discount card!

For the type of restaurant they aspire to be, I'd give them very high marks, and this will definitely be a place I will go often. Service was great, and it looks like they have many specials, and a happy hour.

Edited by jbowman1993

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. The brisket looks like it should be good, would enjoy a report on that. I think maybe some folks from the Dubliner are involved in this place? Has anyone else been here? Comments? (I see they also participate in the "Food by Phone" program.)

It will be interesting to see if they can drive the volume necessary to consistently turn out true BBQ (requiring 8 - 16 hours to cook each day) day-in, day-out, rather than just turn in to another upscale bar with music and bar-food. Was it crowded?

Drinks- They featured all the usuals, but had a nice selection of beers on tap, including to US Microbrews, which they advertised as Roadhouse Pilner and Roadhouse Strong Ale. Both of these were truly excellent brews!

I believe these are contract brewed here in Bangkok, which is probably better than trying to import them.

I had lunch there several weeks ago. I had ribs which were okay but I thought the meat was a bit old. Also had quesadillas which were again okay but I probably won't order again. They had promo coupons good for 50% off on the set lunches (up to 4 people) if you want to try it at reduced rates. Jan 07 Chili magazine had the coupons.

Haven't tried the dinner there but plan to do so in the next few weeks. I will probably try their steak at that time.

When I was in California recently, I tried a place called "Texas Roadhouse". It is a franchise (I think) out of Indiana (!!) and serves ribs and steaks. It was excellent with steaks starting around $20. I sure wouldn't mind seeing one of them over here.

:o

• 4 years later...

I had lunch there several weeks ago. I had ribs which were okay but I thought the meat was a bit old. Also had quesadillas which were again okay but I probably won't order again. They had promo coupons good for 50% off on the set lunches (up to 4 people) if you want to try it at reduced rates. Jan 07 Chili magazine had the coupons.

Haven't tried the dinner there but plan to do so in the next few weeks. I will probably try their steak at that time.

When I was in California recently, I tried a place called "Texas Roadhouse". It is a franchise (I think) out of Indiana (!!) and serves ribs and steaks. It was excellent with steaks starting around $20. I sure wouldn't mind seeing one of them over here.

:o

Just giving this thread a bit of a bump as I notice one of Thai visa's sponsors, Tik Tok Thai, have an offer on with Roadhouse BBK.

Anyone been here recently??

Just wondering what it's like now as the previous posts are somewhat outdated.