New Zealand Visa for Thai Wife

I am thinking of taking the wife to NZ for a holiday, camper van tour kinda thing, October.  As a Brit I get the visa waiver, but how hard is it to obtain a visa for my wife?  IS NZ known for being 'tough' like that?  She isn't working, but our house is in her name (they like to see you have a reason to go back I think?  House ownership I guess shows security?).  She has been successful in obtaining a visa for the UK a few years ago, would that help in any way?

Some countries are known to be quite tough in granting holiday visas, especially the UK and sometimes US.  I guess I am asking if NZ is considered just as tough?

Many thanks

Batty

In my experience it quite often is.  Presumably she will be travelling on a Thai Passport.  They are frightened she will run away as soon as you get there and go underground as a prostitute.     So many Asians, particularly Thais,  have.   Not long ago half of an entire guided group tour just vanished.  The  previous Visa to U.K will probably help.  They really want to know some reason why she will want to leave the country by the end of her visa.  Apply early, be polite and be prepared if necessary, to have to jump through a few hoops.