Which car / brand should I choose?

PAV123

On 8/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, PAV123 said:

So SUV no good? OK... I think pickup more ok? I shop Toyota or Ford or Isusu???

are you thai trying to speak english.......or english trying to speak thai ?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You want a black car? Seriously? In the Thai climate?

Go read up the Stefan-Boltzmann law relating to radiation emissivity and absorption by a black body. Then make an intelligent choice of colour.

You do know that cars are sold with airconditioning, right?

If you park your white car in the Thai sun, you expect the car to be cool when you arrive at your car? 555

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

SUV stands for Seriously Underpowerd Vehicle here. They all come with those pathetic 4 Cylinder cement mixer engines, not a V6, V8 or a deacent Cummings Diesel in sight..

More nonsense....?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have never driven a Ford here so l cannot comment. But to reply to your daft stuff regarding trucks are slugs compared to V8's I can tell you that my truck has near the same hp/tq numbers as a 1976 6.6 ltr V8 Transam....My 3.0 ltr turbo truck does not clonk and the truck high TQ numbers are there at 1400rpm  so l really don't know what you keep going on about...?

I go on about this drivel that in practice a truck has performance, when in reality i couldn't live with a Mazda 3 yesterday in my sons 7 month old Everest this was over a 250 clik run, not just a squirt from the lights. I was alone so gave it somee welly to no avail. Reality Rules not theory..So now a 6.6 V8 is trucklike, hmmm let the readers decide, id prefer the Trans Am.

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I go on about this drivel that in practice a truck has performance, when in reality i couldn't live with a Mazda 3 yesterday in my sons 7 month old Everest this was over a 250 clik run, not just a squirt from the lights. I was alone so gave it somee welly to no avail. Reality Rules not theory..So now a 6.6 V8 is trucklike, hmmm let the readers decide, id prefer the Trans Am.

So no body interested in my vios?  169,000 baht.  Pocket change.  

17 hours ago, Cheops said:

You do know that cars are sold with airconditioning, right?

If you park your white car in the Thai sun, you expect the car to be cool when you arrive at your car? 555

The white car will be 5-6 degrees cooler.

A/C can take a while to get the car  bearable

https://phys.org/news/2011-10-silver-white-cars-cooler.html

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I don't think you understand what a manufacturer "delivers" in an engine regardless of size to give rhe hp/tq numbers...Try thinking about power to weight ratios..

A LOS truck or a Transam is just weight that must be propelled forward taking into consideration weight distribution and rear end, it has nothing to do with what it looks like..I will say again, my turbo truck has near the same hp/tq numbers as a 1976 V8 with twice the displacement...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stud858 said:

That means interior would be longer lasting,  colour fast with a cooler interior white car. Ok.  My next car will be white. 

My ride is dark blue, eleven years old, sits in the sun, no plastic cracks, no discolouration, cools quick when engine starts....BUT, I do not have leather seats that absorb heat and are a pain in that department...

4 hours ago, ignis said:

Thairung Transformer ............ Made in Thailand, Toyota engine and chassis 

Thairung Transformer 2.jpg

Like it.

Looks like something Mercedes would build for government agents.

Just needs a new non bling paint job.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't think you understand what a manufacturer "delivers" in an engine regardless of size to give rhe hp/tq numbers...Try thinking about power to weight ratios..

A LOS truck or a Transam is just weight that must be propelled forward taking into consideration weight distribution and rear end, it has nothing to do with what it looks like..I will say again, my turbo truck has near the same hp/tq numbers as a 1976 V8 with twice the displacement...

Understand, but you dont seem to understand, or just dont want to that the Mazda made the Everest look stupid, good job it wasnt a Civic RS.. My own car i rarely mention here, but in Europe it only mid range BM performance car BHP 260 + i think..

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Understand, but you dont seem to understand, or just dont want to that the Mazda made the Everest look stupid, good job it wasnt a Civic RS.. My own car i rarely mention here, but in Europe it only mid range BM performance car BHP 260 + i think..

YOU were quoting performance stuff, not looks....Get a grip man...?

58 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Like it.

Looks like something Mercedes would build for government agents.

Just needs a new non bling paint job.

This picture in post #52 is the Brand New one called Transformer 2.........  the Mk 1[pic is a 2015] looked and fooled many thinking it was a Hummer  ....

Edit: they already do the Military version both as the Mk 1 [with Thai Army Plates driving around] and the new Mk 2 not noticed any yet

TR Transformer 1.jpeg

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

The white car will be 5-6 degrees cooler.

A/C can take a while to get the car  bearable

https://phys.org/news/2011-10-silver-white-cars-cooler.html

So your white car interior will be 60 iso 65 degrees C or something. When I start my car after parking hours in the sun it will be cool within minutes after open the 4 windows to let out the heat and turn on the aircon.

3 minutes ago, Cheops said:

So your white car interior will be 60 iso 65 degrees C or something. When I start my car after parking hours in the sun it will be cool within minutes after open the 4 windows to let out the heat and turn on the aircon.

Don't know where you're getting 60 degrees C from, but a white car is is cooler.

All I'm saying.

If you don't agree, buy a black car.