Silly question....but maybe there is an answer

Ian1980

lol have you just got of the plane this week or some thing??????    amazing Thailand       a fool and his money  do not sweat it it is only worth 2 good bottles of good red wine.

Tomorrow is an other  day   move on.

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

Old adage "never a borrower or a lender be"

Of more help is that:

1 it'll cost you more than 3,000 to get it back "legally"....TIT

2 you've now found out that your "friend" is a <deleted>! IMO 3,000 Baht is quite cheap to get rid of him - could have cost you much more!

Just being pragmatic.

OP should look at some "good examples" where foreigners have built houses, bought cars, motorbikes, buffaloes, paid for the sick mom's heart operation(s) and her and her brother's fake boobs. Then it might be way easier to understand that the money is definitely gone. 

• Thanks 1

Yes ask your Thai friend to speak to police but I hope you have his phone number, it happened to me I gave a Russian young man 30.000 baht when there was no deal I called him and told him that I will go to Soi 9 after he gave the money the next day.

1 hour ago, grollies said:

No but you could try beating the crap out of him. Won't get you your money back but you'll feel much better for it.

3000B?  Well...have him whacked, forced disappearance....TIT.   

"A friend of mine borrow me 3000 thb. Now need back but seems he doesnt want or have to repay back. With a copy of his passport can i do something at local police for trying get the money back?"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

this is the funniest post I have read in a long time on TV. Mods pin this thread. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, grollies said:

No but you could try beating the crap out of him. Won't get you your money back but you'll feel much better for it.

Now that is great advice, beating the crap out of somebody...

8 hours ago, kevvy said:

Now that is great advice, beating the crap out of somebody...

Kevvy, ol mate. You don't think that was said tongue in cheek. A bit of sarcasm ? Lighten up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Different said:

Yes ask your Thai friend to speak to police but I hope you have his phone number, it happened to me I gave a Russian young man 30.000 baht when there was no deal I called him and told him that I will go to Soi 9 after he gave the money the next day.

I think the OP's friend is a farang, he did mentioned a passport.

Tell him you have this great opportunity to invest 5,000 and a month later get 10,000 back.

But you need "his" 3,000 to do that.

You can tell him if he gives you the money now then his debt will be cleared and he will get his part of this great investment in a month.

If you are lucky he will go for this once in a lifetime opportunity. Maybe he even offers you 10,000 to invest...