UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

I was waiting for that one to come up
bringing a non eea lass into uk

yes, easier for frogs than for limey - fact

however, I don't think 2 tier and favouring are correct terms re describing this

making stipulations IS NOT EASY, I think what we see here is an unfortunate mishap,
its not unfairness by design

when you make regulations, there will almost always be sharp corners,
cases that don't fit, hence room for what the plebs call unfairness

Nonsense. Try running a business in the UK in which you treat people differently as a matter of company policy, and then, when you get taken to court, tell the judge, "it's not easy, running a business, this is just an unfortunate mishap, not unfairness by design, just sharp corners", and see what happens.

The state in Britain now demands everyone practice a higher lever of equality than it practices itself, certainly where immigrants are concerned.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I rather think someone from Romania, Hungary, and Poland will tell a different story. 

Page 24 of this report shows £ income tax per taxpayer from EU member states

Working-age benefit payments to EEA nationals
3. The information from HMRC can be combined with data from the
DWP released at the same times to give a picture of working-age
benefit expenditure on EEA nationals. This amounted to £4.1bn in
2013/14, rising to £4.5bn in 2014/15, and £4.7bn in 2015/16

Page 26 Benefits paid by HMRC/Income Tax received

http://2mbg6fgb1kl380gtk22pbxgw-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/ERG-Migration-Final1.pdf

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Nonsense. Try running a business in the UK in which you treat people differently as a matter of company policy, and then, when you get taken to court, tell the judge, "it's not easy, running a business, this is just an unfortunate mishap, not unfairness by design, just sharp corners", and see what happens.

The state in Britain now demands everyone practice a higher lever of equality than it practices itself, certainly where immigrants are concerned.

nonsense?

you have 30 years experience in writing national and/or international law?

you may think its easy - it ain't

7 minutes ago, rixalex said:

lawmaking is not like running a high street business

dont mix <deleted> with shinola

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

http://2mbg6fgb1kl380gtk22pbxgw-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/ERG-Migration-Final1.pdf

Just now, Patriot1066 said:

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Very well researched findings! Bears out my own personnel experience living in a now what appears an area of London where English is seldom spoken but the bookmakers are full and so are the doctors and hospitals!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Nope

Often hardworking English workers are excluded from jobs.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/21/job-agencies-prefer-foreign-workers

Turn up at many places for work, they find out your English and you will likely be told 'This is a polish site' and not get the work.  Partly as they know that you know your rights and cant be abused!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/640970/British-man-refused-work-Chiquito-Polish-staff-refuse-work-English

How do you think that feels! It breeds the rise of the Right!

Quicker we leave the better!

Always carry a dictaphone with you then watch these companies squirm they have supervisors or middle mgnt in charge where they are not fluent in English or English working rights hence the reason to refuse someone that is English

• Confused 1

nonsense?
you have 30 years experience in writing national and/or international law?
you may think its easy - it ain't

If writing national and international law is a field in which you can get away with blatant discrimination with the excuse that "it's an unfortunate mishap", then it should be a doddle, especially for someone with 30 years experience.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Nope

Often hardworking English workers are excluded from jobs.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/21/job-agencies-prefer-foreign-workers

Turn up at many places for work, they find out your English and you will likely be told 'This is a polish site' and not get the work.  Partly as they know that you know your rights and cant be abused!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/640970/British-man-refused-work-Chiquito-Polish-staff-refuse-work-English

How do you think that feels! It breeds the rise of the Right!

Quicker we leave the better!

Wonder if he turned up wearing a union jack bowler hat and 'vote leave' t-shirt!????

Seriously, I have heard this before. The owners don't necessarily want UK workers either.

1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

BTW My learned friend that is a statue you refer to !

A statute is:

statute
/ˈstatʃuːt,ˈstatjuːt/  
noun
noun: statute; plural noun: statutes
  1. a written law passed by a legislative body.
    "the Act consolidated statutes dealing with non-fatal offences"
    synonyms: law, regulation, enactment, act, bill, decree, edict, rule, ruling, resolution, promulgation, measure, motion, dictum, command, order, stipulation, commandment, directive, pronouncement, ratification, proclamation, dictate, diktat, fiat, covenant, demand, by-law; More
    ordinance;
    ukase;
    pronunciamento
    "the statute in question gave rise to an action for damages"
    • a rule of an organization or institution.
      "the appointment will be subject to the statutes of the university"
    • archaic
      (in biblical use) a law or decree made by a sovereign, or by God.

You really don't do humour do you ????. You're not a Brexiter are you?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rixalex said:

If writing national and international law is a field in which you can get away with blatant discrimination with the excuse that "it's an unfortunate mishap", then it should be a doddle, especially for someone with 30 years experience.

your comment is so imbecile that it ain't worth responding to or expanding on

no wonder UK suffers problems with a bunch of one sided and limited minds like yours

have a nice brexit

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

You really don't do humour do you ????. You're not a Brexiter are you?

Ouch???? 

Mr Grouse I expected and admission you were wrong but as a remainer you possibly may not be able to admit when you get things wrong? Unlike us Leavers who know we are always right in every circumstance!

I will forgive you though???? But remember since the Glorious 12th you are in season.

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Wonder if he turned up wearing a union jack bowler hat and 'vote leave' t-shirt!????

Seriously, I have heard this before. The owners don't necessarily want UK workers either.

No you miss my accurate succinct point.

UK workers are subject to racism by groups of foreign workers who only want to work with their own kind. 

Brits excluded as they ask for basic rights, health and safety, and minimum wage, is that wrong?

And if he did turn up with some patriotic badge or shirt so what? You attack someone for being patriotic ? I see plenty of foreign flags on cars in London more that the cross of st George.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rixalex said:

Yea right he or she or the other, is a super international jet setting European law writing expert with 30'years of experience.

Yea right that will be true NOT most lawyers I come across understand syntax and grammatical perfection.

Unless you are dyslexia suffering or slightly dim type super international jet setting European law writing expert with 30'years of experience.

Great another Enid Blyton dreamer in Noddy land!

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

Yes unemployment is at a record low, helped by no contract employment.

many jobs on offer at £7.83 an hour, with a maximum 16hrs.

Superdrug are advertising a vacancy not too far from me. 4 hrs a week at 7.83=£31.32  This will then be recorded as a person in empoyment.

Yes these wage rates are so low due to large scale cheap imported labour driving down wages, what's your point? 

Brexit should sort this mess out!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

alternative - actually means a choice of two

No it doesn't

"one of two or more available possibilities. "

the problem with your definition is that it really is "dichotomy" - a choice of two.  

This relates very much of the referendum and many of the arguments out forward by Brexiteers. Who have based most of their thinking on a false dichotomy....In or out .....

The resulting mess will mean that as March marches on the UK will be giving up more and more to the EU just in order to pursue their claim of "leave means leave".

it has also resulted in the uncertainty that has resulted in a shrinking pound and a UK with virtually no growth heading for a serious recession.

9 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

your comment is so imbecile that it ain't worth responding to or expanding on

no wonder UK suffers problems with a bunch of one sided and limited minds like yours

have a nice brexit

What a lame post from someone purporting to be a writer of national and international law with 30 years experience.

If your claim is true, can't help thinking it's no wonder things are in the state they are. Why not try doing something else that you are more suited to?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

No you miss my accurate succinct point.

UK workers are subject to racism by groups of foreign workers who only want to work with their own kind. 

Brits excluded as they ask for basic rights, health and safety, and minimum wage, is that wrong?

And if he did turn up with some patriotic badge or shirt so what? You attack someone for being patriotic ? I see plenty of foreign flags on cars in London more that the cross of st George.

I was having a laugh.

Still maintain a lot of Brits don't cut muster though.  Obesity is a big problem. 

In one of the articles, an agency manager does condemn all Brits by saying the mere fact they are temps indicates they don't amount to anything worthwhile- now that really is something that would be condemned if aimed at ethnic groups... and is shameful!

• Like 2