Ford Everest 2.0 Titanium+ 2018

bartpix

Good find there trans.

Not many on the local roads yet? Most opinions on the original 2.2 mill in the Everest suggested it was underpowered for such a heavy bus. If the numbers are to be believed, there's every reason to expect that the new 2.0 liter bi-turbo 180 HP engine will be a lot nippier and less thirsty than the current 2.2 liter 150 HP engine.

This is clarification of Ford's LOGICAL replacement of ONLY engines and transmissions in the 2019 Everest range to align it with their Ranger offerings. When this engine change was initially mentioned, all sorts of silly speculation has been put about. As far back as February, local website's were already mentioning a mythical beast called the Everest Raptor for next year. My mate was BS'ing at our local that he's already ordered one. All I could offer is I'm having what he's drinking...

1855701687_2019everestraptor.jpg.29cd1a3da76a256d3f5d91b80cc03acd.jpg

Also not found any reviews yet, with AU car sites being the most likely sources.  A few Youtube reviews in Thai based on the launch event, but as yet I have n't seen any driven reviews yet.

I took the T+ 4WD for a test drive, and it was really nice.  Smooth ride, decent power and the cabin was very quiet.  Only thing I didn't like was some of the interior finish - the door inlay pockets look and feel cheap.  The plastic had rough edges.  Other than that, the only other negative I noticed was the poor access to third-row seats when second-row seats are declined - the space here is pretty small, but this isn't new.  Will probably take for another test drive.

NB I'm in Phuket, and the Ford dealers here are offering SFA in terms of freebies or decent % rates.  Independent dealers in BKK offering 0%, while here in Phuket were  2.5-3% in some cases.  Straight cash offered no free insurance and only 10K discount.  In BKK free insurance and ~50K discount for cash buyer.  I'll probably wait until Ford offers some decent incentives on 1.8m THB car.

Thanks for above, but surprised no review tests on this 2.0 L engine which will be launched in Oz next month.

Are Bkk Ford dealers really giving 50K discounts with 1st class insurance? My checks with Bkk dealers elicit only 25K discounts.