Officials continue to monitor water level in Phetchaburi River

rooster59

Officials continue to monitor water level in Phetchaburi River

Tanakorn Sangiam

0be718e1bc824cbadca869e383d913cf.jpeg

PHETCHABURI, 11 August 2018 (NNT) – Local authorities have continued to closely monitor the water level in Phetchaburi River. 

Navy officers, local leaders and village-based security officials have continued to closely monitor the water level in Phetchaburi River, especially at the river mouth, to which water has been discharged from Kaeng Krachan reservoir, plus water from the sea tides which might cause overflows into nearby villages. 

The navy has installed 20 water flow accelerators under a bridge in front of Wat Kung Tamnak temple in Ban Laem district to accelerate the flows of water from land to sea. Additional efforts to enlarge the waterway are currently underway. 

Another set of 14 flow accelerators were installed by the Royal Irrigation Department at Wat Khao Takrao temple, which can discharge some 1.6 million cubic meters of water into the sea daily. 

Besides, officials have removed garbages, branches, and aquatic plants from the waterway in order to maximize the water flow. They are also watching out for the water level which could possibly rise significantly due to high tides of the sea.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-12

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The navy has installed 20 water flow accelerators under a bridge in front of Wat Kung Tamnak temple in Ban Laem district to accelerate the flows of water from land to sea

Have I missed something here?

This is either new technology at work, or it's management-speak for 'pump'?

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Have I missed something here?

This is either new technology at work, or it's management-speak for 'pump'?

It's neither new tech or a pump. It's tethered boats strung across the river running their engines.

It is supposed to push the water faster down the river.

I couldn't possibly comment but many say the notion you can push water faster for miles down a virtually level waterway is absolute b*'ll*cks.

30 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

and there is still nobody all these years that told them that those "accelerators" do not help at all ?

Stop trying to spoil a perfectly good photographic & money making opportunity ?

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

It's neither new tech or a pump. It's tethered boats strung across the river running their engines.

It is supposed to push the water faster down the river.

I couldn't possibly comment but many say the notion you can push water faster for miles down a virtually level waterway is absolute b*'ll*cks.

Ha ha ha! Water flow accelerators!

I saw those boats tethered in the photo, but it never occurred to me that was part of their cunning plan, Baldrick.

Archived