Shop that buys second hand macs?

Paulinho

Hi there, 

Does anyone know of any shop that buys second hand macbook etc..? 

I don't mean mbk as they are phones. 

I tried a place in panthip but his price offer was far too low. 

I thought about mac2hand website but its slow to get buyer and want to sell it fast. 

Anywhere in fortune anyone know? 

Or panthip but not houks shop.. Price silly offer! 

Thanks 

Edited by Paulinho
Typo

I agree

They are solid. Especially older models. However this one got a bit worn out and it took the shop weeks to sort it out. Which they did at a reasonable cost but said its kind of on its last legs. In the meantime I bought another second hand 2014 15 retina macbook Pro. This is same as the other one. They are mycoreferred laptop. Solid fast and lots of access low level (am programmer). 

So therefore I now have two. I want to sell the older one. But they are offering me 20000baht.

I kind of agree. Keep it. But I have two now. Maybe I give to a school or something. 

41 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Offering you 50-60% of what they could potentially sell it for isn't really that crazy.

I wouldn't be donating anything like that to a school, way too powerful.

Bang it on Thaivisa Classifieds, Baht-n-Sold, even Ebay unless you're desperate for the cash in which case take what you can get.

yeh I guess you are right. Plus school needs something more flexible like a big screen etc. not a laptop.

ok I'll take it as you said depreciation massive.

Thanks

all

17 hours ago, Paulinho said:

No. It's 55000 baht mac. It's absurd. I'd rather give it to a student or needy if I knew one..... I mean. They are 37500 on mac2hand. Daft.... 

Not absurd at all. 37500 for a 4 year old model is way too much, mind you that is an asking price, not a real value.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, Paulinho said:

I agree

They are solid. Especially older models. However this one got a bit worn out and it took the shop weeks to sort it out. Which they did at a reasonable cost but said its kind of on its last legs. In the meantime I bought another second hand 2014 15 retina macbook Pro. This is same as the other one. They are mycoreferred laptop. Solid fast and lots of access low level (am programmer). 

So therefore I now have two. I want to sell the older one. But they are offering me 20000baht.

I kind of agree. Keep it. But I have two now. Maybe I give to a school or something. 

This technology outdates very quickly. I`ve had notebooks, laptops and PCs, that after a few years couldn`t even give them away let alone sell them. In the end I just gave them to the junk lady near where I live.

You could try selling your old item on facebook.

Pro Corner Computer Repair, 3rd floor, Fortune is  reputable and fair.  Nick, the manager speaks excellent English.  They do have used laptops for sale so maybe worth checking out.

I would not expect any reseller to offer any more than 50% of retail value.  They are in business to make a profit.

I usually get pretty good money for my second hand mac laptops. I typically sell them after three years, and upgrade to a new one. Have had good success selling them on facebook buy and sell pages. Or craigslist. Try that. You will get alot more than from a shop.

• Like 1