Are we ready for some football? Watching NFL question

junglechef

Pre-season is upon us and I'd like to watch games with better quality and less hassle as I did last season on TV using my Android Box.

Happy to pay for it, NFL Game Pass of instance, or open to other suggestions.

Really I'm interested in how I set it up. If for instance I sign up for a pay service such as NFL Games Pass how do I watch it on my TV as well as Laptop and Cell Phone?

I'd assume it might just like any app on my phone but I never have downloaded a purchased app into my Android Box.

Please excuse any wrong terminology or assumptions and feeble tech knowledge.

Thanks, JC

12 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

But aren't those archived rather than live games?

49 minutes ago, metisdead said:

A post containing a link to a possible Ransomware has been removed.  I tried to download that link and alarm bells went off.  

Will move this to the Audio/Visual forum for knowledgeable answers. 

I did too, is there something I can do to remove it? I'm getting notifications 

8 minutes ago, junglechef said:

I did too, is there something I can do to remove it? I'm getting notifications 

After getting that Ransomware notification, I went into Windows Settings to the Update Security and the system did an update and it removed the ransomware viruses. 

I am interested in On Demand (watching replay when I want) but also live. 

Anyone have NFL Game Pass?

I notice that NFL Game Pass has a 7 day free trial offer. Maybe give that a go. I'm not sure if that's the only legal way to get both live and on-demand access to the games but it's the only legal one that I've heard of. I haven't tried NFL Game Pass but if it works as well as the equivalent services for pro basketball and baseball, and if you have fibre Internet, you'll probably like it.

11 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

I notice that NFL Game Pass has a 7 day free trial offer. Maybe give that a go. I'm not sure if that's the only legal way to get both live and on-demand access to the games but it's the only legal one that I've heard of. I haven't tried NFL Game Pass but if it works as well as the equivalent services for pro basketball and baseball, and if you have fibre Internet, you'll probably like it.

Yes I saw that so posted my OP.

Are you saying that I can get it on an Android box that I got locally which I' not sure is "legal"?

1 hour ago, junglechef said:

Are you saying that I can get it on an Android box that I got locally which I' not sure is "legal"?

There's a free Android app for NFL Game Pass that you should be able to  install on your Android box.  It's in the Google Play Store, so anyone can install it, but you can't actually use it to view games unless you buy a username and password from the NFL.  There's also an add-on for Kodi that is legal (and also requires the purchase of a username & passowrd) but I'm not sure if that really works.  One other thing that I'm not sure of is what regional restrictions & blackouts the NFL is imposing, as there seem to be different versions of Gamepass for the US, Europe, and the rest of world.  Below is a link to the Android app for the international version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neulion.android.nfl.gamepass&hl=en

2 hours ago, junglechef said:

BTW, while Thailand might have some recently passed laws that make Android boxes purchased from unauthorized sources illegal, in terms of US and EU law what is potentially illegal is not the boxes but software that many people install on their boxes to stream pirated content.  It's the piracy that's illegal.  So, neglecting any objection from the Thai government, NFL Game Pass should be legal to use on any hardware that you can successfully install the viewing software on.

I have been a NFL Game Pass subscriber for 4 years. Another local friend for 3 years. Go to their website and they will lead you to how to subscribe. Works on many of the common devices we all have. I use it on my PC Windows browser. Works on Chrome, IE, Edge. I have a dedicated mini PC on a TV with HDMI connection. I have TOT fiber to home and the picture is always flawless in my opinion. You can use Android to get Game Pass too. 

Check it out. Full year access to all games including Superbowl. All teams and much more. You can replay any and all games as much as you want and view many games from earlier years also. Good deal for 199 bucks.

I have been watching NFL League Pass through hehestreams.com. All the live games and VOD as well. 24 weeks is $100. there is a free trial and they don't count the pre-season against your package.

I've been very happy with it

1 hour ago, touch said:

I have been watching NFL League Pass through hehestreams.com. All the live games and VOD as well. 24 weeks is $100. there is a free trial and they don't count the pre-season against your package.

I've been very happy with it

It’s that a legal operation or a for-pay pirate IPTV service?

To answer the OP's question, NFL Game Pass is perfectly do-able here. But you're not buying any app. The Android app is free to download. But to access the games, you separately need to purchase a subscription to NFL Game Pass, typically via their website, and get the log-in credentials to use it. That's how/where you pay.

There are two versions of NFL Game Pass subscriptions that are available:

1. The very expensive one ($199???, I can't remember) intended for non-U.S. markets where the games are shown live, which to me is pretty pointless because it means staying up between midnight-1 am to 7-8 am every weekend to watch them live, which is when most normal people are sleeping. But that subscription also gives you access to on demand viewing after the live games have concluded.

2. The less expensive one intended for U.S. markets, which you'll need to have a U.S. IP address and probably U.S. payment card to access. That one is $99.99 for the season, has NO live games, but gives you full on demand access to all games usually within a few hours after they're completed. But it also is NOT available any time when any game is being nationally televised. All of that is aimed at having the app NOT compete with the broadcast network televised games.

You can watch NFL Game Pass via browsers on your computer. Or, they have various apps as well.

1655478708_2018-08-1610_11_03.jpg.4eb0cc2475d3e1989392f115cbf9fbd0.jpg

38 minutes ago, touch said:

@suzannegoh that would be "a for-pay pirate IPTV service". I've been using it a couple of years now and it has been working just fine. Both Live and On Demand.

They have a pretty active forum and there is also reddit.... of course.

reddit.com/r/hehestreams/

So it's a pirate thing then.  There also are a few for-pay IPTV services for about $5 per month that give you live streaming of prirated US & UK cable TV channels, MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHLTV, and NHL, NFL Game Pass.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this link shows the current three (3) options for those of us living in Thailand:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages?redirected=true

You only get one simultaneous log-on.

There are several display options.

The Android APK can be found on some trusted sites, for some reason I can't "see" it on the PlayStore (maybe Google thinks I'm in the U.S.?). There was a new release last week: v. 53.0.8. You can load the APK onto an Android TV /box, or any Android device, then cast to a suitably-equipped TV, newer TVs accept casts natively, older sets require a device like a Chromecast. You can also cast from a PC, using Chrome browser, to a TV.

We're expecting TrueVisions to show 5 ~ 7+ live games each week, plus 2 hour replays, plus a couple of initial re-broadcasts. We'll see this Friday at 08:20. Looking like channels 666 & 668?

Archived