If you want to get Thai police attention, go on Facebook!

webfact

If you want to get Thai police attention, go on Facebook!

ama.jpg

Picture: Amarin TV

A mother's repeated attempts to get police to act against one of their own fell on deaf ears.

Until she went on Facebook.

Then with some concrete video evidence about the harassment of her daughter from a cop's son she finally got a visit.

Now the man is in custody answering questions.

"Yingdee Mai Dee Mai Jam" went on her Facebook account to complain that the person she called a cop's son had been stalking her daughter who had another boyfriend.

A video showed him throwing a bottle into their house. He had allegedly threatened violence even murder.

"He's a nutter," said the poster. "I told the police but they said wait until he does something. Does this behavior count as nothing then?"

Sanook reported that following the Facebook posts the mother finally got a visit from the crime suppression division who said the individual had been arrested.

The mum then went on Facebook Live to drive home her accusations.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-15

6 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Might have got the police attention, but, unfortunately, that's probably all she will get.

Not so sure, as the shaming route seems to get some results.

As it hits,  right at the heart of the face thing here.

Good old social media. :jap:

But, there is an excuse for this. As we all know it´s not easy to be a thai policeman. Here you have to serve the people and attend to everything so never any details are being missed. When there is such a work load on their shoulders, it´s not always easy to find the time teaching their own children between right and wrong.

Stupid Police lady told me she would put me in jail for videoing her at the Kanchanaburi police station. Actually law states im allowed to but just cant share it around.

I was forced to delete all and even the next day i was told to make sure it wasnt in a recycle bin. How crazy is that! Professional police shouldnt have a problem but when your corrupt protecting government officials and demanding a farang pays for damages for things that didnt happen or a situation that wouldnt happen if police did there job in the first place this is what happens. No wonder tourist numbers are going down. 

Police and usually there entire families are criminals.

Glad this women got justice.

It seems like alot of people forget the basic fact, that the police here are revenue collection agents. They rarely engage in law enforcement. So, it is natural that they would only respond when being shamed. We must keep up appearances at all costs! 

It seems here that police, and their entire extended families are consider special somehow. And they get away with alot as a result of this ridiculous status. 

Reminds me of a story from the states.

Old guy called the cops two times about a couple of suspicious characters checking out cars in driveways in his street. No cops showed up. He called again and while on the phone fired two rounds into his back lawn from his handgun and said take your time I shot both of them. 6 cop cars arrived minutes later.

Archived