Inception’s Ambiguous Ending Explained By Michael Caine

snoop1130

Inception’s Ambiguous Ending Explained By Michael Caine

By Ben Travis

inception-michael-caine.jpg

After two-plus hours of city-folding, dream-bending, Edith Piaf-blaring majesty, Christopher Nolan’s Inception ends on one hell of a cliff-hanger: has Leonardo DiCaprio’s Cobb really been reunited with his children? Or is it just a dream that he no longer cares to escape from? It’s a haunting, ambiguous ending that’s entirely open to viewer interpretation – but it may now have a definitive answer courtesy of one key cast member.

Introducing the film at Film 4’s outdoor Summer Screen series, Michael Caine confirmed that he was just as confused by the film as everyone else – and that when he asked Nolan for the key to understanding which scenes were dreams and which weren’t, the director had a simple answer.

"When I got the script of Inception, I was a bit puzzled by it and I said to him, ‘I don’t understand where the dream is’,” Caine told the audience (via The Independent).

“I said, ‘when is it the dream and when is it reality?’ He said, ‘well, when you’re in the scene it’s reality.’ So get that – if I’m in it, it’s reality. If I’m not in it, it’s a dream.”

Full Story: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/inception-ambiguous-ending-explained-michael-caine/

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:57 AM, canuckamuck said:

Barely remember seeing it. Had some cool effects that's about all I retained

Too confusing for me to laud. I think I speak for most film goers when I say that I want to be entertained for my money, and not wondering what the **** it was all about at the end. I shouldn't have to use google to find out what happened.

Hasn't been a sequel, which could say it all.

Some movie makers are just too clever to make good movies.

I also don't like movies where the cast seem to have a big secret that they aren't going to let the audience in on. The Oceans films were like that.

Archived