More than five years for lewd acts with teen pupil, rape trial to follow

snoop1130

More than five years for lewd acts with teen pupil, rape trial to follow

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

ebd257d3e1f9ad1293630050d739498d.jpeg

A 51-year-old Nakhon Ratchasima school director, who is at the centre of a scandal of having an inappropriate intimate relationship with a 14-year-old pupil, was sentenced on Thursday to an immediate jail sentence of five years and two months for four charges linked to lewd acts committed with a minor under 15 and taking her away from her parents for the purposes of a lewd act .

Sentencing was separate from a charge the man faces of raping a girl under 15. Witness hearing sessions foir that trial will be held from October 16 to 18.

The Bua Yai Provincial Court judge found Nathapop Boonthongtho guilty and initially jailed him for 10 years and four months before commuting that by half due to his confession.

The court judge also said that the defendant had the right to appeal the current sentence within 30 days.

Nathapop had already been dismissed from the civil service without any pension and welfare benefits over the serious ethic code breach linked to this scandal.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352317

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-8-16

What is a 'lewd act' and how is it defined in thai law? Also, irrespective of age, how is 'rape' legally defined?

I am genuinely curious as there seem to be some very woolly statements like 'Thailand statutory rape law' floating around.

13 hours ago, jvs said:

Goodnews and i hope this will act as a deterrent for others!!!

There is hope!!!Show them they are not above the law and put them in jail.

Actually it may only deter those that are not privileged to hidden information of local or national government graft and corruption. Those privileged with that info will still act with impunity..The courts waiting five years here may attest to his status of a partial" Hi-So " with out enough money to buy his way out of the trial.

14 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Well, I've seen many 14-15 year olds willingly selling their bodies.

Perhaps... but hopefully a long time stay at the Bangkok Hilton hotel is inclusive in the price, for any potential buyer.

this isn’t about what a child could, would or should do, but about what the adult could, would or should do.

from reading certain posts one can see why some members come to/live in Thailand, unfortunately there isnt a lot we can do about these people. Laws protecting minors are there for a reason, these young girls and boys do not have the mental ability/experience/knowledge to actually be able to agree to having sex with pedo's with full knowledge of what they are doing, in many cases they have been forced into it by others. We all realize there are some sick bastards that see these kids as fair game, the laws need to be there to protect them from these people as in this case. Anyone trying to claim otherwise either dont have the ability to think rationally, never had kids of their own or have their own pathetic reasons for doing so, just my opinion as a father

35 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

The mind boggles.  I haven't met any , maybe we live in different circles.

Visit any hill-tribe village, hardly any females under 14 years old that aren't carrying a baby around.

And the Burmese construction workers in my moobaan, plenty of 15-year-olds, all with husbands.

Reality is after puberty women have children/lovers/husbands, you just can't fight nature.

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Perhaps you should leave your 5 star hotel once in a while. There are plenty of them.

Pathetic retort. Childish. Well you seem to hang around them so not unexpected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 10:14 AM, fantom said:

What is a 'lewd act' and how is it defined in thai law? Also, irrespective of age, how is 'rape' legally defined?

I am genuinely curious as there seem to be some very woolly statements like 'Thailand statutory rape law' floating around.

From hearsay : that if you gesture your hand like in masturbation it is considered a lewd act.  And oh, any penetration no matter how deep is considered rape, is it not?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived