Thai banks ‘prepared’ amid warning of global ATM attack

webfact

50 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

And, we all can guess what will happen in that situation. 

Farang: my account was hacked and 500,000 Baht stolen. 

K. Nok Bank Manager: solly siiir. Your money 500,000 Baht gone na. Please change your password na kha. Sawatdee kha. 

With Kbank I lost 60K due to card scamming.  It was near a university, and they took 1000, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000 etc.  Kbank said they were not at fault.  I said I wanted to see the video of the times it was taken then by being there they would clearly see that it wasn't me (and the pattern of withdrawals was not my behaviour either).  They said they would have to get the police, and if I was found to be wasting police time they would charge me.  I changed banks and never dealt with them again.  It's not like I even keep a lot of money in a bank in this country or any other, I just don't trust them at all.  Shower of (*&(&(&*&^$%$ all of them from my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiver said:

With Kbank I lost 60K due to card scamming.  It was near a university, and they took 1000, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000 etc.  Kbank said they were not at fault.  I said I wanted to see the video of the times it was taken then by being there they would clearly see that it wasn't me (and the pattern of withdrawals was not my behaviour either).  They said they would have to get the police, and if I was found to be wasting police time they would charge me.  I changed banks and never dealt with them again.  It's not like I even keep a lot of money in a bank in this country or any other, I just don't trust them at all.  Shower of (*&(&(&*&^$%$ all of them from my experience.

Terrible experince. I'm sorry you endured that.

I dont mean to be completely negative, but I'd say you really can't trust ANY business here. There will be a small percentage of exceptions, but 90+% of companies here are products of the people who are products of the culture. And, the culture is one of

"maibenrai, sabai sabai, sanuk" , happy ignorance is bliss, arrogance and incompetence. 

And, almost 0% of the people can be convinced they have anything to learn from the world outside Thailand. 

Like anywhere, but even more in Thailand considering that farangs are 3rd class citizens in their culture, keep only whats strictly necessary in thai bank accounts and that to, spread them out in different accounts. No faith really in the banking networks..

Edited by observer90210
  • Thanks 1