Teacher exams held nationwide

webfact

PNSOC610819001000501.jpg

BANGKOK, 20th August 2018 (NNT) – Thousands of people across Thailand took part in assistant teacher examinations on Saturday. 

In Bangkok, public teacher exams were held at Triam Udom Suksa School in Pathum Wan district. There were more than 1,700 participants. According to Deputy Education Minister Udom Kachintorn who inspected the testing venue, the exams went smoothly with no reports of cheating. 

Interviews will be conducted on September 1st and results will be announced September 6th. Those who pass will start working at public schools in October. 

This year, there were 6,000 positions available, said the deputy minister, adding that more than 180,000 people took the exam. 

Meanwhile, in Yala province, the teacher exams took place at Khanaradsadonbamrung School and two other schools. Nearly 4,000 people took the test on Saturday amid tight security. The proctors were public school teachers and members of the provincial board of education. 

In Nakhon Si Thammarat, the exams took place at four different locations, with more than 1,800 applicants, while only 116 positions are available.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-20

4 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

what of the quality of the exams ? were they just sign-your-name-and-date  ?

And make sure the envelope is pinned securely to the form when it is handed to the government official in charge. No different to any other civil service job application.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This seems rather unfair, getting the all applicants to tour the country just to apply.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the exams went smoothly with no reports of cheating,

said the blind invigilator.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

This year, there were 6,000 positions available, said the deputy minister, adding that more than 180,000 people took the exam. 

Does this mean that 174,000 people will join the ranks of the unemployed?

And will those with the best results get the jobs or might other "criteria" be taken into account?

Another case of the uneducated passing the even more uneducated to teach the uneducated to be educated according to the Thai education system . Considering NOT one Thai University is ranked in the top 50 in the world , says it all really and with the system in place of everyone passes as long as they can write their name , there is NO HOPE for the youth of Thailand . 

Edited by Khun Paul
Spelling mistake

1 minute ago, Khun Paul said:

I did actually years ago, the English one, but after finding over 10 faults in the questions as being written incorrectly, I was told to go away. Even though I was right, they would not admit it, even one question ( multi choice ) had all four options as an acceptable answer, I was told depends on what the question writer thought at the time .>OK !!

Gee, then maybe they ought to use a standardized English test complete with answer guide.

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Gee, then maybe they ought to use a standardized English test complete with answer guide.

That is a logical conclusion, however many of us know full well,  LOGIC is not a skill Thais have at any level .!!!!

19 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:
53 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Why don't they test all foreign teachers?

What would the test consist of?

I assume their ability to answer questions in Tinglish, rather than English, having seen other comments about it.

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"what is the square root of 25?"

blank stare.

"what is 30% of 50 baht?"

blank stare.

"what is the sum of 2+2?"

blank stare.

Can I use a calculator.

It's only fair they all do.  :giggle:

It helped on question 3

jim_riordan_solid_state_cal.jpg

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

Question 1. Name...………………………..Answer...………………..pass.

Question 2. Address...…………………….Answer...………………..pass.

After further questions applicants were asked how they did. 

Answer ……………pass …………..I passed!!

12 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Question 1. Name...………………………..Answer...………………..pass.

Question 2. Address...…………………….Answer...………………..pass.

After further questions applicants were asked how they did. 

Answer ……………pass …………..I passed!!

Regarding this, my wife was telling me last week that when she was at school age around 10/11, in their class was one kid who was 'hard of learning'.

When they had an exam, a friend of hers allowed the kid to copy his answers, as he felt sorry for him. Only problem was, he copied everything - including copying the same name.

I understand that it’s a 2-day event with 3 subjects on day 1 and 2 more on the second day.  There are 150 points possible each day and you need a 60% score to pass each of the two days ... again, as I understand it.

If the minimum passing is in fact 60%, then I’m not so sure of the output quality... but I’d have to see how the test is written and overall difficulty level.