"Man in the black car" could face 3 years jail for condo parking antics, says lawyer Decha

webfact

"Man in the black car" could face 3 years jail for condo parking antics, says lawyer Decha

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A leading online lawyer made a video giving his opinion about the driver who has become famous after his activities in the parking lot of a condominium in Rangsit.

"The man in the black car", as he was called by Daily News, was caught on CCTV both manually shunting then using his own vehicle to move other cars so he could get in his preferred space by a wall.

He also managed to cut off a clamp after the condo's juristic person received complaints from residents.

Decha Kittiwithiyanan was speaking on his "Thanai khlai thuk" page. It roughly translates as the "Lawyer that Lessens your Load".

Decha said that the offence took place in the jurisdiction of the Pratunam Chulalongkorn cops in Rangsit.

In his opinion it constituted a deliberate act of causing malicious damage and would likely fall under Article 358 that allows for a three year jail sentence, 60,000 baht fine or both.

He said that the fact there were at least four victims as well as the juristic person showed a pattern of behavior that would only make matters worse for the miscreant.

He suggested they should all get together to take a report to police.

Daily News did not report that that had happened yet.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-20

guy will get off with a couple small fines. fact of the matter is i feel for the guy. he's probably been pushed beyond belief. If its a park he pays for and cant access it and know one's done a thing about it i would probably start slashing tires, paint remover, scratches, holes in radiators, oil coolers, loose wheel nuts, etc... As childish as it is its the only way to finaly arrive at some justice. No one listens until you start damaging there stuff here in thailand. Because the law system is clearly the best in the world if you can afford it do it i say!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

He done Well he only moved the cars that were Illegally parked ,,, that's why they were in NEUTRAL (they do that here to),,, ok he shouldn't pushed the car with his car But Hey ,,, 

They were not parked illegally.

Double parking isn't just legal here, its encouraged.

Have you never parked at a Thai Mall at the weekend?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bsdthai said:

guy will get off with a couple small fines. fact of the matter is i feel for the guy. he's probably been pushed beyond belief. If its a park he pays for and cant access it and know one's done a thing about it i would probably start slashing tires, paint remover, scratches, holes in radiators, oil coolers, loose wheel nuts, etc... As childish as it is its the only way to finaly arrive at some justice. No one listens until you start damaging there stuff here in thailand. Because the law system is clearly the best in the world if you can afford it do it i say!!!!

You're absolutely right - it is childish. And when the wheel falls off and innocent people are killed how will you live with yourself?

15 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

They were not parked illegally.

Double parking isn't just legal here, its encouraged.

Have you never parked at a Thai Mall at the weekend?

I Never double park, if I can't park I Go somewhere else or go Home,, It's Illegal to Double park in Thailand.   

http://thailaws.com/law/t_laws/tlaw0140_5.pd              Section 55  (500B)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I Never double park, if I can't park I Go somewhere else or go Home,, It's Illegal to Double park in Thailand.   

The link does not work but I would suspect that the law you are trying to quote refers to parking on public roads and not in private car parks.

As for going home or somewhere else, what do you do if you need to park at an airport with a full car park and the parking attendants are telling you to double park?

Do you go home or to another airport? ?

1 minute ago, secondfusilier said:

The link does not work but I would suspect that the law you are trying to quote refers to parking on public roads and not in private car parks.

As for going home or somewhere else, what do you do if you need to park at an airport with a full car park and the parking attendants are telling you to double park?

I go back Home.   :thumbsup:

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

The link Does work I just tried it,,,,, Private car parks Do have Lanes and Arrows so one can see Where to drive or park. 

• 3 weeks later...

all depends on whether he caused any actual damage.

no damage, no problem whatsoever.

P.S.

I'm so happy I drive an old, decrepit car.

There are downsides, for example the apparence of caddies when driving up to the club house entrance, and the ladies in general aren't impressed...

But the upsides are I never get stopped by police, other cars litterally go out of their way to avoid touching mine and I don't have to worry about theft ?

Edited by manarak

On 8/21/2018 at 6:18 AM, digger70 said:

general traffic laws only apply on private property when the owner or tenant of such property says they do. I don't see large malls risking to upset customers by fining them for double parking. Also, in those places there are signs telling to double park in neutral. So, obviously not illegal there.

Edited by manarak
  • Thanks 1