Video: Child "Muay Thai" has netizens asking: Child abuse or sport?

webfact

Thanks to the "honorable" TV- members, who brought in their usual "you are not Thai, you can not understand"!

It's a pathetic and ridiculous excuse and you should be ashamed of yourself!

A kid with a brain damage, from this kind of abuse, is a kid...not a "Thai"- kid!

I watched one child muay thai fight, one boy got knocked down and snapped his elbow.

His arm went 90 degrees in the wrong angle, he screamed and passed out. An adult jumped in

and lifted him up and took him to a pickup ambulance. That was my last time to watch

Muay Thai. I think it is child abuse.

Muay Thai provides a route to prosperity for many young Thais because prizes even for small fights rural regions are very high. 

It's all well and good for wealthy academics and trendy liberals in Bangkok to sneer at it, but they'd be taking away a source of income for many of these kids.

6 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Muay Thai provides a route to prosperity for many young Thais because prizes even for small fights rural regions are very high. 

It's all well and good for wealthy academics and trendy liberals in Bangkok to sneer at it, but they'd be taking away a source of income for many of these kids.

Sometimes you have to consider other things, other than money

Archived