UK School Cerfificate needed for Work Permit (BOI company), but School is Not Keeping Records. Any Options?

Hi all,

I'm looking for advise regarding hiring an employee under a BOI company. We have strict requirements from the BOI that all our employees must have a certain amount of work experience to qualify for a work permit, in case they don't have a university degree. However, in this case a school certificate of some type is still required (e.g. college, secondary or even primary school are accepted). 

We have a new applicant from the UK who has lots of work experience, but cannot locate any school diploma from a long time ago. He contacted his school in the UK and was told they don't keep records for that long. 

Does anyone know if there are any options to solve this problem? Such as some services that can help you get a letter to confirm you have attended the school in the UK or similar. I'm wondering if such records are kept in any other government databases? 

Yes. I was in that exact situation a few years back. I couldn’t find my results and the examining board that did our GCSE’s didn’t even exist anymore. the Boi took a letter from my school that confirmed i attended and which dates. My boss at the time told me it cost him more than usual suggesting he had to pay a bit under the table. Whether he did have to pay extra I don’t know.either way I got my permit with that letter and work references from other companies 

On 8/20/2018 at 2:11 PM, Happy enough said:

Yes. I was in that exact situation a few years back. I couldn’t find my results and the examining board that did our GCSE’s didn’t even exist anymore. the Boi took a letter from my school that confirmed i attended and which dates. My boss at the time told me it cost him more than usual suggesting he had to pay a bit under the table. Whether he did have to pay extra I don’t know.either way I got my permit with that letter and work references from other companies 

Thanks for your reply. The problem for this guy is that his school told him they don't keep any records and are unable to issue him a letter. 

I wonder if there are any other agencies, governmental or private who keep records and would be able to issue a letter.. tricky situation!