Mourning man walks from Trang to Doi Inthanon with girlfriend’s ashes

webfact

Good for him, it's rare these days to find someone willing to go to the lengths he is going to to fulfill his dead girlfriends wishes.

I  hope he makes it OK, it's a tough walk up Doi Internon. I have never done it nor would want to attempt it, and it will be harder for him with that cart to push.

But he will.....you just know it

• Like 2

From what I read elsewhere looks like he may not be able to go through with his plan, scattering ashes is not permitted up the mountain. On the other hand, setting camp overnight and shooting endangered animals is fine.. ?

• Like 2

What ever is done in the dark of night is easier to accomplish than in the glaring light

of day. Know what I mean? I wish this guy success in his journey and goal.                                                         Geezer

• Like 1

There a lot of comments in other sites on the issue of the park saying no to scattering of ashes - I agree that it could have been handled quietly (maybe it was and it was just the reporting that made it seem different as it normally does in this country - sheet reporting from sheet media - but the whole world seems to suffer that curse at the moment).

I am normally a national parks basher but this is one time I agree with them - can you imagine if they had  publicly said yes - everyone and his dog including all the Jin population of Thailand would have been claiming the right for burial rights. 

Edited by MRToMRT