Best place to buy Android box

zeekgarcia

My advice, DONT buy an Android box. Theyre junk. Dont work consistently, although some who have them pretend they do work fine, but thats just face saving, having told the world how wonderful they are ( but theyre not). If you want to watch a major sporting event without freeze frame, stutter, etc, then the only current option, albeit expensive ( and yet still a lot cheaper than Sky in the UK) remains True.

CUE: All the slagging off True gonna start now....but despite its price its still a thousand times better than these android junk boxes!

2 minutes ago, EL159 said:

My advice, DONT buy an Android box. Theyre junk. Dont work consistently, although some who have them pretend they do work fine, but thats just face saving, having told the world how wonderful they are ( but theyre not). If you want to watch a major sporting event without freeze frame, stutter, etc, then the only current option, albeit expensive ( and yet still a lot cheaper than Sky in the UK) remains True.

CUE: All the slagging off True gonna start now....but despite its price its still a thousand times better than these android junk boxes!

Strange !!! i have True and an Android box but use the Android box a lot more, mmm strange ?

12 minutes ago, EL159 said:

If you want to watch a major sporting event without freeze frame, stutter, etc, then the only current option, albeit expensive ( and yet still a lot cheaper than Sky in the UK) remains True.

True  Satellite ?...  with  one of those mini dishes will have lots of "freeze frame, stutter, etc"  when it rains.

A 3 meter diameter dish, C band setup would have almost no rain outages..but I don't think true broadcast in C band ?

True internet  IPTV ???

Probably the best place to buy one is through Lazada.  I don't think you will be able to try before you buy unless you have a friend who owns one and is willing to show you how it works.

I have one, but I don't use it to watch live sporting events.  Mostly I catch up on programs from the US that aren't available in Thailand.  Learning how to use it was frustrating, but I can usually get it to work on current programs without too much trouble.  Watching past seasons or movies is hit or miss.

Bought a few via Lazada for ourselves and friends that we have recommended them to. No regrets at all, thousands of apps to access just about anything you want. Golf and Rugby are my particular passions and regularly watch live streams.

Does help if you know someone who is familar with them, they are certainly substantially cheaper than when we bought our first one about 4 years ago.

I bought one in Hong Kong a few months ago, it is in english and chinese, gets almost any channel on the pre-programmed settings, but no thai channels.

Ive added Kodi and tons of Kodi repos.

Works like a charm.

However, we have a new smart TV and it is surplus now. 

I'm CM based, and if you are interested, PM me, have all the reciept, can come to you to demo.

I will however not accept much below the price I paid.

Fair play its barely run in!

Bought my first in 2013, replaced it last year with another and added a chromecast to another TV to replace the GMM box we used to watch the Thai TV (Mrs prefers the Android box).

My 5 year old can load up iFlix, Netflix, Mobdro and Youtube to watch all her favourite things, I have Kodi installed to watch whatever movie/TV series I want, we use the Chromecast from laptop to watch the football via helpful websites (and I can use this to watch my Chapionship football at GBP5/game) and the wife watches Thai TV through the 3BB app.

If that sounds too much for you, get True. If not, as said above, the best place is Lazada.

19 hours ago, EL159 said:

It's not the Android box that's junk but the IPTV supplier you may have seen might be junk.  It is far better value for money than True with a vast range of channels and videos on demand.  My IPTV  plays better than True ever did at a fraction of the price.

As for Android box sellers, Amorn occasionally sell them but Lazada is your best bet for a wide choice.

i  agree lazada has best choice but be careful to buy a new high spec  box as many cheaper are outmoded. the tx9 pro :'

@2690.octacore better than quadcore. 7.1 nougat good.

then load kodi and sports devil plus rising tides etc. the add ons change so google best kodi add ons for sports (

.eed fast connection to avoid buffering and its not plug and play. a bit fiddly to set up,then after to find the right sports events and movies etc

.Kodi addons change so google best sports kodi add ons august 2018, same for movies,series etc.

pm if uou need more

'

i aI agree

17 hours ago, Thailand said:

17 hours ago, Small Joke said:

14 hours ago, naboo said:

56 minutes ago, beau thai said:

Can you use google chrome on these?

If so what brand and model box do you have? 

As I want to try to find a store here in Chiang Mai that sells it, so I can go see if they will hook it up to make sure I can use google chrome on it and access a website that I use to work. 

It's Android you can use what ever is on the Playstore including Chrome and a host of other browsers, think of it as a tablet without screen or keyboard. The only caution I would raise is to make sure it has the Playstore.  There are some very cheap Chinese boxes that are not approved by Google and which cannot access the Playstore and therefore are very limited in what you can do with it.  You get what you pay for.  I use a Himedia Q10 pro which has been excellent for the past 2 years.

There is a stall selling boxes at the top  of the escalator Hangdong Road Big C but you would have to investigate the manufacturer.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, EL159 said:

Obviously you do not know how to use a android Box

Plus True has been degraded since it cut a lot of  the good channels out

A lot of people have stopped using True they will never be the same again

IMHO

7 hours ago, zeekgarcia said:

Can you use google chrome on these?

Given this question, I'd probably recommend not getting an Android box.

Yes, most boxes will be able to run Chrome. However, it's not the same version as runs on a PC/laptop.

Voted ignorant post of the century.

If you don't even know the difference between an Android operating system and a streaming app like Kodi, you better don't say anything.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Voted ignorant post of the century.

If you don't even know the difference between an Android operating system and a streaming app like Kodi, you better don't say anything.

Vote by who? You? Alone? Before you start trading insults, I suggest you learn the English language. What I said, and I ll explain this slowly and simply for you, is that Android/ Streaming boxes that rely on the strength of your internet signal for the quality and consistency of your images inevitably dont work as well as Truevision which does not operate via your internet signal. OK? Got it now? Thank you.

3 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Vote by who? You? Alone? Before you start trading insults, I suggest you learn the English language. What I said, and I ll explain this slowly and simply for you, is that Android/ Streaming boxes that rely on the strength of your internet signal for the quality and consistency of your images inevitably dont work as well as Truevision which does not operate via your internet signal. OK? Got it now? Thank you.

So that is your second post that shows a wealth of no idea.

Would you believe that I have Android boxes, with a subscription that cost a fraction of a True visions subscription, with thousands of channels including all Sky, and that streams them in HD and FHD without buffering?

And yes it works over the internet.

By the way, last time I checked true visions also used the internet, unless you don't have a decent internet connection and use one of those satellite disks that cut out when it rains.

Android boxes are not junk, they provide an excellent service, maybe the fault lies with you.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

So that is your second post that shows a wealth of no idea.

Would you believe that I have Android boxes, with a subscription that cost a fraction of a True visions subscription, with thousands of channels including all Sky, and that streams them in HD and FHD without buffering?

And yes it works over the internet.

By the way, last time I checked true visions also used the internet, unless you don't have a decent internet connection and use one of those satellite disks that cut out when it rains.

Truevisions does NOT play via the internet. It plays via a satellite dish which cuts out for at most in total over the whole year no more than 30 minutes total viewing time. Wrong again !!  Trying to make a sows ear out of a silk purse ( but you probably dont understand that analogy)

17 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Truevisions does NOT play via the internet. It plays via a satellite dish which cuts out for at most in total over the whole year no more than 30 minutes total viewing time. Wrong again !!  Trying to make a sows ear out of a silk purse ( but you probably dont understand that analogy)

And you told me to learn English in your previous reply?

Read again what I wrote, S L O W L Y

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

So you gonna deny that in communal areas, where there is True Fibre or Docsis internet, true visions connects over the internet?

And yes those satellite dishes cut out during heavy rains, as all KU band dishes of the True visions size do, but seemingly you can even predict that you get only 30 minutes of rain storms every year.

Now stop shooting yourself in the foot with more ignorant comments on this topic, as many others have pointed out already, as I can imagine those feet must hurt immensely already.

Look at the post above your last one, as Vogie was right on the ball.

43 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Truevisions does NOT play via the internet.

That depends on your agreement with them. It can be by dish, but more frequently now people view via the internet.

(and technically, the dish relies on the internet to work).

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

And you told me to learn English in your previous reply?

Read again what I wrote, S L O W L Y

So you gonna deny that in communal areas, where there is True Fibre or Docsis internet, true visions connects over the internet?

And yes those satellite dishes cut out during heavy rains, as all KU band dishes of the True visions size do, but seemingly you can even predict that you get only 30 minutes of rain storms every year.

Now stop shooting yourself in the foot with more ignorant comments on this topic, as many others have pointed out already, as I can imagine those feet must hurt immensely already.

Look at the post above your last one, as Vogie was right on the ball.

Sighs with irritation! Let me spell it out for you in numbers:

1. I have Truevision linked to satellite not internet. It works perfectly 365 days a year almost never ever cuts out, sometimes, when the rain is at its worst it ll go off for maybe a (very) few minutes...but very rare.

2. I have half a dozen or more friends who use different types of android boxes. We meet nearly every morning for coffee. We compare notes.

3. At weekends, more often than not, my friends with boxes will come to mine to watch "the big game" BECAUSE THEY CANT RELY ON THE SIGNAL INTO THEIR BOXES AS IT OFTEN CUTS OUT STUTTERS OR FREEZES. Their words, not mine!

4. Thats it explained, in a nutshell. Now I have a life to get on with. Bye all!

Archived