Company in order to buy a house

16 hours ago, Tony125 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34346620    Read the article or not-----famous story of 2 Brit (millionaires who  lost it all in Thailand.

Colin Vard also invested about £1m in Phuket, after a successful career in Dublin as an author and part-owner of a clothing factory. He lost a total of eight properties, over a similar time period.

'nuff said, nothing left to add. :whistling:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Naam said:

if the Farangs were stupid enough not to ask every year for the "tax return settled" documents i can only say "som na na".

Maybe so. But most farangs come from countries where professionals can be trusted. It does take some time to get into the mindset of assuming that everyone around you may be a thief.

And I wonder how much use such a document in Thai would be to the average farang? Would you be able to tell a real one from a forgery? I wouldn't.

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Maybe so. But most farangs come from countries where professionals can be trusted. It does take some time to get into the mindset of assuming that everyone around you may be a thief.

And I wonder how much use such a document in Thai would be to the average farang? Would you be able to tell a real one from a forgery? I wouldn't.

no, i wouldn't be able to tell. having said so i have strong doubts whether an established lawyer would engage in a criminal way embezzling a peanuts amount of $400-500 per annum.  

2 hours ago, Naam said:

no, i wouldn't be able to tell. having said so i have strong doubts whether an established lawyer would engage in a criminal way embezzling a peanuts amount of $400-500 per annum.  

He probably wouldn't be tempted to embezzle just your money, but what if he had 100 or 1000 others on his books?

And would most people use a lawyer for this or an accountant? I suspect the latter. Plenty of dodgy examples of those around.

And whichever you go for you still have the difficulty of selecting a decent one, which is exactly what many farangs might have trouble with here. I certainly would.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

He probably wouldn't be tempted to embezzle just your money, but what if he had 100 or 1000 others on his books?

And would most people use a lawyer for this or an accountant? I suspect the latter. Plenty of dodgy examples of those around.

And whichever you go for you still have the difficulty of selecting a decent one, which is exactly what many farangs might have trouble with here. I certainly would.

i could name a fistful law offices in Pattaya who render these services having a history of 15-25 years in business.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

i could name a fistful law offices in Pattaya who render these services having a history of 15-25 years in business.

I know of one particularly well-known "lawyer" who had a long history in Pattaya until he was arrested for extortion here, and later skipped off back to his home country where he also had a criminal record.

And I know of at least two other people who were very prominent in business and society here for many years, until they also were found to have been up to all sorts of shenanigans that resulted in them taking the first plane out.

All three managed to defraud many people over the years, because they appeared on the surface to be decent.

Longevity is absolutely no indication of honesty.

Archived