Advanced System Care.

NoshowJones

I have got the professional version of Advanced System Care. it says "expired" at the top left hand side although it still works, I have only had it for about four months.

Also, on two occasions yesterday, I got a notice covering my whole screen warning me of viruses, Trojan Horses etc and says if I don't click on box, I will risk having my computer ruined permanently, then you see a clock ticking down with a few seconds left, so naturally I clicked on the box, and then comes an advert to buy something.

I have checked on ASC, and the boxes are ticked telling me all is well. Would I be right in saying that I was given scare tactics to get me to buy some sort of protection, but as I have said already I have the professional version of ASC.

I would also delete it, CCleaner is better, more reliable,

They are a Chinese company and do not have a good

reputation after stealing product from Avast to use in

their own antivirus products.

What antivirus product are you using now ?,you should

also have a secondary scanner ,like say HitmanPro,also

free.to do a scan of your PC.

DON'T CLICK on anything you are not 100 % sure of.

regards worgeordie

52 minutes ago, petermik said:

I dumped ASC sometime ago (free version) many conflicts with Win 10.... CCleaner and adwcleaner keeps my pc running fine  :thumbsup:

delete it is my suggestion

I have the paid version, it has another 8 months to run, so far I am happy with it, but

I don't understand why it says "expired" on it.

42 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I would also delete it, CCleaner is better, more reliable,

They are a Chinese company and do not have a good

reputation after stealing product from Avast to use in

their own antivirus products.

What antivirus product are you using now ?,you should

also have a secondary scanner ,like say HitmanPro,also

free.to do a scan of your PC.

DON'T CLICK on anything you are not 100 % sure of.

regards worgeordie

I also have cc cleaner, though there is still Windows 10 defender. I will look in to Hitman Pro for the future.

Your last sentence, when you are told that you only have a few seconds to click or you risk permanent damage to your computer, what do you do?

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have the paid version, it has another 8 months to run, so far I am happy with it, but

I don't understand why it says "expired" on it.

I've been using the paid version for over 4 years on at least 4 devices. They have good customer service. A quick email to them will have your problem resolved. Why did you come here first?

[email protected]

Regarding your problem, my guess is that you may not have the paid version installed, or it needs to be registered to make it active. On the surface, the free and paid versions look very similar. The current up-to-date version is 11.5 Pro. Full version number:  v11.5.0.243

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

I've been using the paid version for over 4 years on at least 4 devices. They have good customer service. A quick email to them will have your problem resolved. Why did you come here first?

[email protected]

Regarding your problem, my guess is that you may not have the paid version installed, or it needs to be registered to make it active. On the surface, the free and paid versions look very similar. The current up-to-date version is 11.5 Pro. Full version number:  v11.5.0.243

Thanks. I came here first because I don't have their email address. I had it in my Archives, and it just disappeared. It has been paid for and registered. It says "expired" in red writing at the top left side.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I also have cc cleaner, though there is still Windows 10 defender. I will look in to Hitman Pro for the future.

Your last sentence, when you are told that you only have a few seconds to click or you risk permanent damage to your computer, what do you do?

Don't click, thats why only gives you few seconds,you panic ,its a trap.

regards Worgeordie

There is no reason to install any of these extra utilities including cc cleaner.

Windows works just fine without them.

Many good utilities are included in Windows. But lots of users don't even look at what is included in Windows. They install all these wonderful extras which create extra trouble.

Just say no...

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

Advanced System care isn't really working then is it? 

Use a better browser and use a HOST file to block bogus advertising; http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Some browsers block tracking and advertising by default. The HOSTS file will eliminate most, if not all of the unwanted programs from attacking your computer.

ASC is not an antivirus program. They have "IObit Malware Fighter" for that. I don't use that one.

Advanced System Care doesn't spam within the browser if you have the paid version. Within the UI they have promotional offers for their other software, but you have to click for the info. There is nothing intrusive about ASC Pro. I use the free versions of IObit Uninstaller, Smart Defrag and the paid version of Driver Booster. I never get pop-ups inside my browser. I get occasional promo emails for special prices, which I am quite happy to receive... or you can unsubscribe to emails.

Now Avast is another story. After many years of using it, I finally had enough and pissed it off. There's no end of spamming in the free version now - it's relentless. I have been using the inbuilt Windows Defender, and it's working great. I never know it's there.

If you use Malwarebytes, you'll have to make exceptions for all ASC processes. Anything to do with ASC is labeled PUP (potentially unwanted program) and if you're not aware of what you are quarantining after a scan, you could be inadvertently deactivating all ASC processes.

16 hours ago, tropo said:

ASC is not an antivirus program. They have "IObit Malware Fighter" for that. I don't use that one.

Advanced System Care doesn't spam within the browser if you have the paid version. Within the UI they have promotional offers for their other software, but you have to click for the info. There is nothing intrusive about ASC Pro. I use the free versions of IObit Uninstaller, Smart Defrag and the paid version of Driver Booster. I never get pop-ups inside my browser. I get occasional promo emails for special prices, which I am quite happy to receive... or you can unsubscribe to emails.

Now Avast is another story. After many years of using it, I finally had enough and pissed it off. There's no end of spamming in the free version now - it's relentless. I have been using the inbuilt Windows Defender, and it's working great. I never know it's there.

If you use Malwarebytes, you'll have to make exceptions for all ASC processes. Anything to do with ASC is labeled PUP (potentially unwanted program) and if you're not aware of what you are quarantining after a scan, you could be inadvertently deactivating all ASC processes.

Good post. What you said about Avast is definitely true, I t took me ages to get rid of the b@stards.

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks. I came here first because I don't have their email address. I had it in my Archives, and it just disappeared. It has been paid for and registered. It says "expired" in red writing at the top left side.

Can anyone tell me why "expired" comes up on ASP, I have paid for one year, and only about four months into it. I emailed them and as usual, no answer.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:36 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

There is no reason to install any of these extra utilities including cc cleaner.

Many good utilities are included in Windows. But lots of users don't even look at what is included in Windows. They install all these wonderful extras which create extra trouble.

Just say no...

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago after downloading a tool to check for outdated drivers....my notebook went very slow and had reverted my search engine to yahoo not google....windows defender detected nothing.....adwarecleaner found 35 issues quarantined them and all is now well...deleted completely now.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just say no...

ASC has a lot of really great features and there's a lot you can do that you cannot do with Windows native apps. You can't knock a program until you know all about it.

Is my system working better because of it? That's very hard to quantify, but it certainly does no harm and makes some jobs really easy.

Most people don't want to spend their time looking under the hood and just want to get on with their work, so apps like these help out. Sure, geeks want to do everything themselves, but most people who use computers are not geeks and just want things to work when they click their mouse somewhere.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago after downloading a tool to check for outdated drivers....my notebook went very slow and had reverted my search engine to yahoo not google....windows defender detected nothing.....adwarecleaner found 35 issues quarantined them and all is now well...deleted completely now.

Seeing as we are talking about ASC and updating drivers. IObit has an app called Driver Booster. I've been using the paid version on 4 computers for over a year and never had an issue. Previous to that I used the free version for 3 years and never had a problem.

As you probably know, driver conflicts are often a source of trouble in Window 10, especially when feature updates come along. With Driver Booster, you can roll back any update to test what's causing the problem. No sweat!

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

but most people who use computers are not geeks and just want things to work when they click their mouse somewhere

That reminds me of a guy who always installed lots of utilities and every couple of months when Windows didn't work properly anymore he just formatted the HDD and started from scratch. That is almost like your "click the mouse somewhere" solution.

Obviously it's nice if things can be done with a mouse-click. But sometime that just doesn't work. And in those cases it makes sense to look at the log files and other places to find out what exactly the problem is. Because if users know the problem then they can likely avoid it. This might take time and to be fair sometimes it's basically impossible to find out what the underlying problem is. But it helps to learn the details of Windows like this to avoid possible future problems.

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Can anyone tell me why "expired" comes up on ASP, I have paid for one year, and only about four months into it. I emailed them and as usual, no answer.

I don't know what you mean by "as usual, no answer", it was just over a day ago I gave you the email address for support. It's also Sunday now, so perhaps that is causing a delay.

The last email I sent support was on August 17, 1:26 AM (Friday) and I received a reply only 9 hours later. I can't remember ever having to wait a long time for replies in the past either.

I found something that might help you.

Register here https://store.iobit.com/myaccount/ for product support. Once you have your email and password registered and you login there's a whole lot of support options to choose from.

Good luck!

24 minutes ago, tropo said:

ASC has a lot of really great features and there's a lot you can do that you cannot do with Windows native apps. You can't knock a program until you know all about it.

Is my system working better because of it? That's very hard to quantify, but it certainly does no harm and makes some jobs really easy.

Most people don't want to spend their time looking under the hood and just want to get on with their work, so apps like these help out. Sure, geeks want to do everything themselves, but most people who use computers are not geeks and just want things to work when they click their mouse somewhere.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of a guy who always installed lots of utilities and every couple of months when Windows didn't work properly anymore he just formatted the HDD and started from scratch. That is almost like your "click the mouse somewhere" solution.

Obviously it's nice if things can be done with a mouse-click. But sometime that just doesn't work. And in those cases it makes sense to look at the log files and other places to find out what exactly the problem is. Because if users know the problem then they can likely avoid it. This might take time and to be fair sometimes it's basically impossible to find out what the underlying problem is. But it helps to learn the details of Windows like this to avoid possible future problems.

I really don't need the lesson as I'm fairly experienced in Windows and have been at it since 1995. The topic here is ASC, and I consider it a great utility. That's why I pay for it. There's nothing to suggest I install "lots of utilities" in anything I've written about ASC.

These are the only 3rd party utilities I currently run on all my systems.:

1. ASC Pro

2. Driver Booster

3. Malwarebytes

And... as an insurance policy:

1. Macrium Reflect

I keep my systems very clean and lean and anything that doesn't get used gets the boot.

And just to make it crystal clear, none of the utilities I use above cause any problems on my system.

12 hours ago, tropo said:

I really don't need the lesson as I'm fairly experienced in Windows and have been at it since 1995.

Sorry if I upset you - it wasn't my intention.

My post was about my general experience with some users who install basically every utility they find somewhere and who are then confused if they have problem.

With your long computer experience you must have encountered these want-to-be-super-users as well...

Sorry can't help you with the "expired" notice you're getting, try deleting and reinstalling ASC.

My Erm! friend has been using ASC Pro for many years and never had a problem with it. ASC Pro is freely available on sites like 1337X.

Seems there is a Beta 12 version available as freeware, maybe for limited time only:-

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/advanced_systemcare_11_beta.html

:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sorry if I upset you - it wasn't my intention.

My post was about my general experience with some users who install basically every utility they find somewhere and who are then confused if they have problem.

With your long computer experience you must have encountered these want-to-be-super-users as well...

You were replying directly to me, and we are really discussing ASC in this thread. Most of the people on here don't know the program, yet they rubbish it. I just checked, and I started paying for it in December 2013, so I have a bit of experience to offer on this particular utility.

I'm well aware of the endless debates online about using 3rd party utilities. I've tested many out over the years but stuck with ASC because I really like it. Think of them as time savers. This is the only one I've ever paid for. They allow me to use it on 4 PC's for the one yearly subscription, which is a bonus.

22 hours ago, tropo said:

I don't know what you mean by "as usual, no answer", it was just over a day ago I gave you the email address for support. It's also Sunday now, so perhaps that is causing a delay.

The last email I sent support was on August 17, 1:26 AM (Friday) and I received a reply only 9 hours later. I can't remember ever having to wait a long time for replies in the past either.

I found something that might help you.

Register here https://store.iobit.com/myaccount/ for product support. Once you have your email and password registered and you login there's a whole lot of support options to choose from.

Good luck!

Thanks, they have now been in touch with me, and I have answered them. I will just wait and see what they say.

Archived