Clinic opens for northeastern women married to foreigners

rooster59

Clinic opens for northeastern women married to foreigners

supawadee wangsri

PNSOC610824001008501.jpg

KHON KAEN, (NNT) - Social Development and Human Security Minister Anantaphorn Kanchanarat presided over the opening of a clinic for women married to foreigners in provincial seat area of Khon Kaen. 

The clinic staff will give the northeastern women tips on how to adjust to their new life with a foreign husband, and what they could expect if they go to live overseas. Such women need to understand foreign languages and cultures. 

It could help reduce the risk of a breakup after marriage, or after they move to a new country, he said. 

The clinic is the first in the upper northeastern region where more women have been married to foreigners than other regions in the country.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-26

A lot of things could be taught like infection comes from germs not rain and cold water does not hurt sick people nor does AC.  Covering your mouth when coughing and not picking your nose are also valuable lessons.  Food needs to be hot or cold and in between causes diarrhea.  Rancid crab is not good for your stomach.  Don't eat bones and seashells I can think of a lot of stuff.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

A lot of things could be taught like infection comes from germs not rain and cold water does not hurt sick people nor does AC.  Covering your mouth when coughing and not picking your nose are also valuable lessons.  Food needs to be hot or cold and in between causes diarrhea.  Rancid crab is not good for your stomach.  Don't eat bones and seashells I can think of a lot of stuff.  

yes don't forgot ghosts :clap2:and don't operate electrical devices because this whole country is ungrounded while standing in two inches of water.:shock1:

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The clinic staff will give the northeastern women tips on how to adjust to their new life with a foreign husband, and what they could expect if they go to live overseas. Such women need to understand foreign languages and cultures. 

Are these clinic staff going to be Thai and if so who is going to teach them about foreign cultures and languages?  

Or will there be job opportunities for the local Farang  population?  After all these girls are going to have to learn things like how to make a decent cup of tea and a full English And/or American breakfast. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

The ground is covered with bacteria and viruses, when it rains the splashing causes them to become airborne resulting in a far greater chance of becoming ill.

Cold water and AC cause the nasal vessels to restrict resulting in an increase in the symptoms of many viruses.  Also, being cold lowers your immune system, if you are sick you should avoid washing in cold water and using AC.

Covering your mouth when coughing helps prevent the spread of disease, not sure about picking your nose though, I don't think that harms anyone any more than the site of someone scratching their foot to a Thai.

Food does not need to be either hot or cold or else it will cause diarrhoea, there are plenty of foods we eat at room temperature and even hot food we often eat after it has gone cold without ill effect.

The crab that is popular in Thai salads is not rancid, it is preserved in salt and is not bad for the stomach.

Bones are very healthy, people should eat more of them. 

Sea shells?  Do you mean shellfish?  Nothing wrong with eating them.

Lets hope you have no inspiration to teach Thai brides or indeed anyone, anything, you clearly haven't a clue!

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

when I read the headline I was wondering if they considered being married with a foreigner a disease that needs treatment.

After reading the text it seems quite reasonable.

But why are they call it a clinic? School would be a better name -  wouldn't it?

To me, clinic implies that the teaching will be personally tailored to the students need.

29 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The ground is covered with bacteria and viruses, when it rains the splashing causes them to become airborne resulting in a far greater chance of becoming ill.

Cold water and AC cause the nasal vessels to restrict resulting in an increase in the symptoms of many viruses.  Also, being cold lowers your immune system, if you are sick you should avoid washing in cold water and using AC.

Covering your mouth when coughing helps prevent the spread of disease, not sure about picking your nose though, I don't think that harms anyone any more than the site of someone scratching their foot to a Thai.

Food does not need to be either hot or cold or else it will cause diarrhoea, there are plenty of foods we eat at room temperature and even hot food we often eat after it has gone cold without ill effect.

The crab that is popular in Thai salads is not rancid, it is preserved in salt and is not bad for the stomach.

Bones are very healthy, people should eat more of them. 

Sea shells?  Do you mean shellfish?  Nothing wrong with eating them.

Lets hope you have no inspiration to teach Thai brides or indeed anyone, anything, you clearly haven't a clue!

1.  Rain water levels of pollution, pollen, mold, and other contaminants are low -- possibly lower than your public drinking water supply.Aug 4, 2017

2.  All modern hospitals are air conditioned.

3.  Bacteria grow best in warm temperatures, approximately 25°C – 40°C. In general, fridges set at 3°C or 4°C will ensure that the food is between 0°C and 5°C.

If cooked food is not stored above 63°C, it should be used up within two hours of cooking or should be cooled as quickly as possible and put in the fridge within 2 hours.

I broke 4 teeth in Thailand because the cook did not tell me there were bones and shells in my food. 

Last month, six persons were reported to have food poisoning following consumption of marinated raw crabs. The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) reminds the public that consuming raw or undercooked crabs increases the risk of developing foodborne illnesses

When a person consumes raw or undercooked crabs infected with lung fluke, the parasite may migrate from the intestines to the lung causing paragonimiasis. The initial signs and symptoms may be diarrhoea and abdominal pain. This may be followed several days later by fever, chest pain, fatigue, and sometimes coughing up blood. Sometimes the fluke can travel to the brain where it can cause symptoms of meningitis. Onset of symptoms of lung fluke infection usually occurs many weeks after exposure and the disease may last for many years.

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Thanks 2

Like most things the Idea is great but the execution will determine the success or failure of the project. 

Anyone who has successfully adapted to life in Thailand has only had to think of the people her foreign or Thai who have taught them how to understand the culture and unspoken rules of the society which we all must learn to be truly happy here without delusions or self-denial. 

As marcusarelus has shown we can justify your correctness but by doing so we are just lying to yourself about what we meant in the first case.  

4 hours ago, sweatalot said:

when I read the headline I was wondering if they considered being married with a foreigner a disease that needs treatment.

After reading the text it seems quite reasonable.

But why are they call it a clinic? School would be a better name -  wouldn't it?

Maybe it's forward thinking about the foreigners having problems eh?

20 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

1.  Rain water levels of pollution, pollen, mold, and other contaminants are low -- possibly lower than your public drinking water supply.Aug 4, 2017

3.  Bacteria grow best in warm temperatures, approximately 25°C – 40°C. In general, fridges set at 3°C or 4°C will ensure that the food is between 0°C and 5°C.

If cooked food is not stored above 63°C, it should be used up within two hours of cooking or should be cooled as quickly as possible and put in the fridge within 2 hours.

I broke 4 teeth in Thailand because the cook did not tell me there were bones and shells in my food. 

Last month, six persons were reported to have food poisoning following consumption of marinated raw crabs. The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) reminds the public that consuming raw or undercooked crabs increases the risk of developing foodborne illnesses

When a person consumes raw or undercooked crabs infected with lung fluke, the parasite may migrate from the intestines to the lung causing paragonimiasis. The initial signs and symptoms may be diarrhoea and abdominal pain. This may be followed several days later by fever, chest pain, fatigue, and sometimes coughing up blood. Sometimes the fluke can travel to the brain where it can cause symptoms of meningitis. Onset of symptoms of lung fluke infection usually occurs many weeks after exposure and the disease may last for many years.

1. I did not say rain water, I said the ground, the rainwater splashes the bacteria off the ground and into the air causing a greater incident of illness, fact.

2. Hospitals do not set their AC very cool, the recommended temp for hospital wards of 22-24C, you can do the same when you are ill, just avoid getting really cold as it lowers your immune system resulting in a greater chance of secondary infections.

3. Yes, bacteria's grow best at certain temperatures, but that does not translate to all food should be served either hot or cold, it is only some foods that are a concern.

Not all cooked food will potentially cause a problem if left out, many foods are too acidic for bacterial growth, all of your comments are based on some foods yet you are extrapolating to all foods, which is just incorrect.

Your teeth are your problem, nothing to do with Thailand, where I come from we always serve shellfish with the shells in the dish, we eat things like chicken and lamb with the bones in, you just have to use some common sense and not bite so hard into something as to break teeth before you know what you are biting.

Raw crabs and fish is a problem I think most Thai's are now aware of and most everyone I know always use cooked, they think of eating them raw as something from the past, something that old people or village people do, however it does continue to be a big issue in Thailand.

I am truly sorry for your loss of 4 teeth. (Seriously)

But I can't help to wonder.... by the way you seem to eat,  how many fingers did you loose? 

• Confused 1

The 'clinics' sound like a pretty good Idea....... HOWEVER... they may be a total waste if the Teachers/Councelors don't have personal knowledge of what they are talking about..... And then there will sometimes be cases that weren't covered in the clinic..... 

Let's hope they 'put their WHOLE HEART into organizing these clinics.....

IS the government really that dedicated to make this work???? OR could it just be a 'vote buying' sceme for 'Some military backed 'politicians'..........

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beautifool said:

I am truly sorry for your loss of 4 teeth. (Seriously)

But I can't help to wonder.... by the way you seem to eat,  how many fingers did you loose? 

I don't feed my dog chicken bones either.  Thai cooks leave bones and shells in food that should be removed.  This is not rocket science.

18 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

1. I did not say rain water, I said the ground, the rainwater splashes the bacteria off the ground and into the air causing a greater incident of illness, fact.

Fact?  Nonsense.  Who drinks water from puddles on the ground?  Water settles the dust on the ground making bacteria less airborne. 

• Sad 1

2. Hospitals do not set their AC very cool, the recommended temp for hospital wards of 22-24C, you can do the same when you are ill, just avoid getting really cold as it lowers your immune system resulting in a greater chance of secondary infections.

22 is not cool it's really cold in Thailand.  Thais have not figured out why this is good for a hospital but bad for a sick person at home. 

Not all cooked food will potentially cause a problem if left out, many foods are too acidic for bacterial growth, all of your comments are based on some foods yet you are extrapolating to all foods, which is just incorrect.

Cooked food should be held hot or cold not at room temp.  The chicken held all over Thailand with an electric lighting bulb as opposed to a heat lamp is a health hazard. 

Food left out attracts flies and vermin. 

Thailand's food handling is a health inspectors nightmare from any other civilized country. 

Cooked food sitting at room temperature is in what the USDA calls the "Danger Zone," which is between 40°F and 140°F. In this range of temperatures, bacteria grows rapidly and the food can become unsafe to eat, so it should only be left out no more than two hours.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-long-can-you-leave-cooked-foods-unrefrigerated-kitchen-facts-218225

Fact?  Nonsense.  Who drinks water from puddles on the ground?  Water settles the dust on the ground making bacteria less airborne. 

No, they become airborne with the mist the slashing rain creates and then we inhale them.

Here are three studies all demonstrating this increased risk.

melioidosis incidence correlates positively with total rainfall

A relationship between rainfall and acute gastroenteritis has also been shown. 

Our evidence suggests that heavy rainfall is associated with increased risk for legionellosis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2870637/

22 is not cool it's really cold in Thailand.  Thais have not figured out why this is good for a hospital but bad for a sick person at home. 

22 is nothing in Thailand, have you never travelled by public transport?  They set the AC to 16, the lowest it will go every time.

And it is you who is just figuring things out, not Thailand, stop using your bigotry against Thai people to try deflect from all the silly things you have said.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

22 is nothing in Thailand, have you never travelled by public transport?  They set the AC to 16, the lowest it will go every time.

And it is you who is just figuring things out, not Thailand, stop using your bigotry against Thai people to try deflect from all the silly things you have said.

Please explain what ac temps have got to do with this thread?

Again a topic has been hi-jacked.