Honda Forza 300 2018 Km/l

stjp8729

Anyone knows how to change from km/L to L/100Km?

For the old model Forza I found how to do on internet, but for the new Forza nothing. Nothing is mention in the Thai owners manual, and the Honda dealer don't has a clue.

300.jpg

On 8/26/2018 at 3:40 PM, stjp8729 said:

and the Honda dealer don't has a clue.

Am I surprised ?:biggrin:

Use a calculator or this website (one of many):

http://www.unitconversion.org/fuel-consumption/kilometers-per-liter-to-liters-per-100-km-conversion.html

(example from the display)

You can also enter it to a website named google.com:

"26.3 km/l to l/100km"

-> 3.80228137 l/100km

DIY:

100 / 26.3 = 3.802 ...

You can do most conversions by directly entering them to the google search box in most formats:

26.3 km/l to l/100km

26.3 km/l to miles per gallon

33 miles per gallon to liters per 100 km

7.1 liters per 100 km to miles per gallon

@stjp8729  : sorry for the blackout and forget the above.

I did some search about your intended change of the display.

There is an owner manual in English (pdf) which seems to describe the necessary steps on page 22 to 24.

http://mototh.com/files/honda/Forza-300/Honda-Forza-300-Owners-Manual-EN.pdf

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

@stjp8729  : sorry for the blackout and forget the above.

I did some search about your intended change of the display.

There is an owner manual in English (pdf) which seems to describe the necessary steps on page 22 to 24.

http://mototh.com/files/honda/Forza-300/Honda-Forza-300-Owners-Manual-EN.pdf

That manual is for the old Forza.

I have on average 30-33km per liter.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

If any of you manage to figure this out. Then please share the news.

This is bugging me like CRAZY ?

I did manage to figure out how to Adjust the Clock, Display brightness and to reset the maintenance frequency.

But setting the consumption to L/100Km is a NO GO so far ? 

Why you making yourself the stress ? If you have 33km per litre take out your smartphone calculator and type 100/33= 3.03 litre / 100km. If you get above 33.4km per litre the average is below 3 litre on 100km. 

So far my average is 33km if drive around 90-110 km/h. Just for the fun I tried both, 30km more or less full throttle results in 4.7 litre and slow acceleration with max. 90km/h gives you around 36km/h or  2.77 litre per 100km/h, personally I don`t care much if it uses 2.8 or 3.4 litre.

On my Forza two brown spots build up on the windshield. Only visible if the shield is in top position. I know two other Forza 2018 driver in my area, both have the same brown spots.
I think it is from foam rubber, that is installed below the shield. The spots develop only if you drive with the shield on the lowest position. So if you have the shield always in top position, you probably will not have that problem.  When they make the service the use a polish to remove the discoloration. 

That is my only problem so far.
I think about YSS or Öhlins upgrade, with all the potholes around here there is some room for improvement.

Otherwise I am happy with the scooter.

screenshot_691.jpg

22 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

Why you making yourself the stress ? If you have 33km per litre take out your smartphone calculator and type 100/33= 3.03 litre / 100km. If you get above 33.4km per litre the average is below 3 litre on 100km. 

So far my average is 33km if drive around 90-110 km/h. Just for the fun I tried both, 30km more or less full throttle results in 4.7 litre and slow acceleration with max. 90km/h gives you around 36km/h or  2.77 litre per 100km/h, personally I don`t care much if it uses 2.8 or 3.4 litre.

On my Forza two brown spots build up on the windshield. Only visible if the shield is in top position. I know two other Forza 2018 driver in my area, both have the same brown spots.
I think it is from foam rubber, that is installed below the shield. The spots develop only if you drive with the shield on the lowest position. So if you have the shield always in top position, you probably will not have that problem.  When they make the service the use a polish to remove the discoloration. 

That is my only problem so far.
I think about YSS or Öhlins upgrade, with all the potholes around here there is some room for improvement.

Otherwise I am happy with the scooter.

screenshot_691.jpg

Has not seen this spots on my Forza.

I went for YSS due to Öhlins had backorder on the shocks, anyhow will upgrade the frontsprings also.

20180904_184053.thumb.jpg.aaa1d2cf8db6fe6e9bf31e2eee69227f.jpg

20180831_173022.jpg

On 9/12/2018 at 9:07 PM, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

If any of you manage to figure this out. Then please share the news.

This is bugging me like CRAZY ?

I did manage to figure out how to Adjust the Clock, Display brightness and to reset the maintenance frequency.

But setting the consumption to L/100Km is a NO GO so far ? 

Agree with You, as used with L/100Km it's frustrating to not been able to change.

Ofcourse easy to recalculate but..

7 hours ago, stjp8729 said:

Has not seen this spots on my Forza.

I went for YSS due to Öhlins had backorder on the shocks, anyhow will upgrade the frontsprings also.

Well, maybe you lucky with your shield or they already changed it. Aphonda is aware of the problem, as you can see here:

and here:

Some Thai drivers also reported  problems with the tires and others have at certain speeds the wobble or shimmy effect.

I think many scooters have the shimmy, especially if they come with a heavy top case. I also have that on some streets if below 60km/h , but it is not a strong vibration and one finger on the handlebar is enough to stop the wobble. But other people reported stronger vibrations also at higher speeds.
Anyway, it is something which should happen only if you drive without your hands on the handlebar.
Can be the tire pressure, tires,  heavy topcase, wheel balance,  etc. 

Did you install the YSS G-Top or G-Sport? Are you happy with the new shocks?

15 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

Did you install the YSS G-Top or G-Sport? Are you happy with the new shocks?

I installed the YSS G-Top, after had the settings adjusted there is hugh improvement on ride comfort. Anyhow as Swedish I will change to Öhlins when they have in stock, included the upgrade for front springs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived