Singapore fly in/fly out for new visa stamp

AlphaCanadian

I'm flying in and out of Singapore on the same day (Tuesday).

I guess all I need is my Canadian passport. When I come back I will get a 30 day arrival stamp back into Thailand.

When I flew into Malaysia I was surprised that they did not make us fill in arrival cards, does Singapore have arrival cards?

I am concerned because the arrival card is likely to ask where I am staying in Singapore. I hope that is not a problem.

Any random tips about flying Bangkok-Singapore and then Singapore-Bangkok on the same day?

Passport photos-I think not needed, local currency-I think not needed.

Thanks in advance.

They do have arrival cards and you need to put the hotel, I didn’t know so left it blank but was told I needed to put something so I just made one up, she was fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I did the Swampy - Changi two step on JetStar in April 2015. Both the airline and immigration were a little surprised when I turned up to depart less than an hour after I'd arrived, but there was no problem. I was stuck for hours waiting for my cheap flight out. It was fun watching airport security cordon off sections of the waiting areas to receive incoming passengers. Bangkok immigration was also surprised to see me back on the same day. I think that the officer could see that I have a Thai wife and was curious as to why I didn't get a new O visa in Singapore. (I expected to leave for China in a few weeks.) He gave me 30 days.

When I didn't leave for China in a few weeks, I flew to Penang for a new O. I don't recall if I did a digital thumbprint or filled out a card.

I crossed at Sungai Golok in 2014. Thai immigration was polite and reminded me that I couldn't return on my existing O visa. Malaysian immigration took my digital thumbprint and there was no arrival/departure card.

In a couple of months, I'll fly to KL and back the same day for my first border bounce on my ME O visa. It's about 1,000 baht each way. It might actually be cheaper than a land crossing with Cambodia or Lao, and I think the airfare is cheaper than Mae Sot and just a little more than Ranong.  It's certainly the most convenient. I've splurged on emergency exit (legroom) seats and the business lounge, so it will also be the most comfortable.

2 hours ago, gunghang said:

I did the Swampy - Changi two step on JetStar in April 2015. Both the airline and immigration were a little surprised when I turned up to depart less than an hour after I'd arrived, but there was no problem. I was stuck for hours waiting for my cheap flight out. It was fun watching airport security cordon off sections of the waiting areas to receive incoming passengers. Bangkok immigration was also surprised to see me back on the same day. I think that the officer could see that I have a Thai wife and was curious as to why I didn't get a new O visa in Singapore. (I expected to leave for China in a few weeks.) He gave me 30 days.

When I didn't leave for China in a few weeks, I flew to Penang for a new O. I don't recall if I did a digital thumbprint or filled out a card.

I crossed at Sungai Golok in 2014. Thai immigration was polite and reminded me that I couldn't return on my existing O visa. Malaysian immigration took my digital thumbprint and there was no arrival/departure card.

In a couple of months, I'll fly to KL and back the same day for my first border bounce on my ME O visa. It's about 1,000 baht each way. It might actually be cheaper than a land crossing with Cambodia or Lao, and I think the airfare is cheaper than Mae Sot and just a little more than Ranong.  It's certainly the most convenient. I've splurged on emergency exit (legroom) seats and the business lounge, so it will also be the most comfortable.

It's worth spending a night in Singapore to look around, surely. I did a quick 90 day trip to KL and spent 24 hours there, staying at the Tune hotel attached to the airport as the city is some distance away and for me isn't the most exciting place to visit. Just relaxed.

If you are not leaving the airport in Singapore you can simply write Changi Airport in the section where it asks where you are staying.

I frequently pass through and asked this same question at the immigration desk in the airport.

I've only ever gone to Singapore for the day.

Usually arrive in the morning, go around and do some shopping and return in the evening.

I will admit, I don't remember ever having to put a hotel on the landing card for Singapore, or being asked for one. (I assume I just left it blank). Depending on what visa I had at the time (non-O usually, sometimes none when I was between non-Os), I either got stamped for a new 90 days or 30 days, when I returned.

I have done the same day Singapore thing before

Stayed about an hour, had a burger or a beer and came back on the next fight

Only Once I was questioned by a fat lady in immigration who was a bit surprised I had no luggage and planned to go back on the next flight but I told her that it was necessary to leave Thailand and come back in again to get the new Thai visa and she looked a bit baffled it couldn't be done without leaving bkk but she let me go anyway 

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

it was necessary to leave Thailand and come back in again to get the new Thai visa and she looked a bit baffled it couldn't be done without leaving bkk but she let me go anyway 

That baffles everyone I know too, especially when I've been married to a Thai for over 25 years. They usually question why I even need a visa at all.

I don't remember what i filled in for place of stay....

But i remember that one day i arrived without issues and wanted to go back 3 hours later but there was no stamp of arrival in Singapore in my passport.

They searched every page several times, i even pointed them to the desk where they helped me 3 hours ago and finally they found the missing stamp....it was there but not very visible.

They apologised to me and let me go...

But they have my fingerprint plus passport info, maybe soon i can just enter singapore with only a fingerprint?

10 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I have done the same day Singapore thing before

Stayed about an hour, had a burger or a beer and came back on the next fight

Only Once I was questioned by a fat lady in immigration who was a bit surprised I had no luggage and planned to go back on the next flight but I told her that it was necessary to leave Thailand and come back in again to get the new Thai visa and she looked a bit baffled it couldn't be done without leaving bkk but she let me go anyway 

Just put Transit on the arrival card. That's what Singapore immigration told me to put when I left it blank. Also be prepared for immigration to question why the hell are you flying from BKK into Singapore than out back to BKK on the same day. Seems a bit strange to some of those immigration officers for some reason even after explaining it to them it needs to be done.

Archived